Sandwich hut doubt
HOPES for a new sandwich kiosk in Woodbridge look set to be dashed this week.Proposals for the kiosk in Hamblin Walk in the Turban Centre have given rise to fears of worsening vandalism and groups of youths hanging around.
HOPES for a new sandwich kiosk in Woodbridge look set to be dashed this week.
Proposals for the kiosk in Hamblin Walk in the Turban Centre have given rise to fears of worsening vandalism and groups of youths hanging around.
However Suffolk Coastal south area development control sub-committee are likely to throw the plans out on the grounds that the style of building would go against the character of the conservation area.
The kiosk is planned to sit in a small space between Budgens Supermarket and Ashleigh Jewellers in the centre.
You may also want to watch:
Sandwiches and other cold food, jacket potatoes and hot drinks would be sold from the beach hut type premises.
But the application prompted objections about smells and litter as well as posing a security risk to the neighbouring jewellers.
- 1 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 2 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 3 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
- 4 Jailed in Suffolk: See the three men locked up this week
- 5 Meet the Ipswich teenage singer who gave £17.5k away to charity
- 6 Man to face trial over claims he sexually assaulted toddler in the street
- 7 Kesgrave Kitchen praised by local MP after 'fantastic' transformation
- 8 Man accused of burgling GP surgeries and pharmacy appears in court
- 9 Duo jailed after 63 bags of cocaine found in hotel room
- 10 Stroke survivor cut off from family in lockdown returns home
Other concerns included queues for the kiosk obstructing the disabled ramp as well as being an inconvenience to shoppers.
Planners at Suffolk Coastal pointed out that menu boards and advertisements might cause clutter and undermine the character of the area.
However it was also considered that the proposal could in fact enhance the appearance of the area as the present gap in between the two stores was not considered particularly attractive.
The application will be considered at a meeting of Suffolk Coastal on Thursday.