Sandwich hut doubt
HOPES for a new sandwich kiosk in Woodbridge look set to be dashed this week.Proposals for the kiosk in Hamblin Walk in the Turban Centre have given rise to fears of worsening vandalism and groups of youths hanging around.
HOPES for a new sandwich kiosk in Woodbridge look set to be dashed this week.
Proposals for the kiosk in Hamblin Walk in the Turban Centre have given rise to fears of worsening vandalism and groups of youths hanging around.
However Suffolk Coastal south area development control sub-committee are likely to throw the plans out on the grounds that the style of building would go against the character of the conservation area.
The kiosk is planned to sit in a small space between Budgens Supermarket and Ashleigh Jewellers in the centre.
You may also want to watch:
Sandwiches and other cold food, jacket potatoes and hot drinks would be sold from the beach hut type premises.
But the application prompted objections about smells and litter as well as posing a security risk to the neighbouring jewellers.
- 1 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 2 Heavy police presence spotted in Ipswich as man arrested
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of murdering Victoria Hall
- 4 Suffolk sprinter opens her 'dream' cafe at age of 25
- 5 New Starbucks drive thru set to open in Ipswich
- 6 'Gutted' Ipswich burger van man loses everything in fire devastation
- 7 Man charged with assault after police officer punched in the face
- 8 Suspect in Victoria Hall murder case still being questioned by police
- 9 Get lost in two sunflower mazes at this Suffolk farm
- 10 Go-ahead secured for new hotel near Ipswich Town ground
Other concerns included queues for the kiosk obstructing the disabled ramp as well as being an inconvenience to shoppers.
Planners at Suffolk Coastal pointed out that menu boards and advertisements might cause clutter and undermine the character of the area.
However it was also considered that the proposal could in fact enhance the appearance of the area as the present gap in between the two stores was not considered particularly attractive.
The application will be considered at a meeting of Suffolk Coastal on Thursday.