Santa visits Trimley
WITH a cheery yo-ho-ho, Santa Claus bounded into Trimley St Mary – and switched on the lights of the village Christmas tree.A large group of villagers braved a bitterly cold evening to gather to sing carols and welcome the seasonal visitor.
By Richard Cornwell
WITH a cheery yo-ho-ho, Santa Claus bounded into Trimley St Mary – and switched on the lights of the village Christmas tree.
A large group of villagers braved a bitterly cold evening to gather to sing carols and welcome the seasonal visitor. He threw the switch to light the tree on the verge in High Road, near the junction with New Road last night, before meeting the children and handing out sweets.
There was also free hot chocolate and sausage rolls for all.
You may also want to watch:
The event was organised by the parish council, Neighbourhood Watch group and Trimley Community Band.
The tree is adorned with a brand new set of lights, which were required to meet revised standards for lights and changes to the power supply.
- 1 Police confirm body found in River Orwell was of a 17-year-old boy
- 2 Body found in the River Orwell
- 3 Wrong way A12 driver flees scene after causing crash
- 4 Ipswich landlord fined £4K for leaving mountain of rubbish outside property
- 5 Felixstowe beach hut sells for record price of £65k within hours
- 6 Police investigate illegal Kesgrave bike jumps
- 7 Man, 71, downloaded child porn after accident affected his sex life
- 8 Police deal with spate of incidents in Ipswich
- 9 Dog to be put down after biting three people in Ipswich
- 10 Ipswich woman drove at 78mph during police chase around town
On Monday, it will be the turn of Trimley St Martin, when Father Christmas will return to switch on the tree lights at the Memorial Hall, High Road, at 6.30pm.
There will again be carols, and also hot soup and bread in the hall afterwards. Santa will be in his grotto ready to meet the children.