Saxmundham man who flew into rage at Ipswich Hospital ends up in court
- Credit: Gregg Brown
A 20-year-old man who admitted swearing at a receptionist and damaging a computer monitor at Ipswich Hospital’s accident and emergency department must pay compensation.
Jake Crawford, of Franklin Road, Saxmundham, pleaded guilty to being drunk and disorderly, and criminal damage when he appeared before Ipswich magistrates.
Prosecutor Lesla Small said the incident occurred on April 26.
The receptionist found Crawford, who was already drunk, consuming a bottle of vodka in a toilet. This was taken away from him.
He then became agitated at waiting to be seen and flew into a “fit of rage”.
Crawford began shouting and swearing, and dented a computer monitor when he threw it on the floor.
The court was told Crawford apologised for his behaviour which was fuelled by alcohol and his mental health issues.
- 1 Man detained after early morning incident in Ipswich road
- 2 Firefighters called to Ipswich house fire
- 3 Baby and toddler retailer Mamas & Papas set for Ipswich return
- 4 7 roadworks for drivers in Suffolk to be aware of this week
- 5 Woman injured after leg bitten by dog in Ipswich
- 6 Man who stole over £1,000 in power tools jailed for 876 days
- 7 New 99-room Ipswich Travelodge expected to open next year
- 8 Boy, 14, arrested after serious sex attack in Suffolk town is released
- 9 Some East of England Co-op stores unable to take cash
- 10 'Amazing start' for baker who sells treats out of horsebox
Crawford had gone to A&E as he was trying to ‘detox’ and his mental health had deteriorated.
Magistrates ordered him to pay £100 compensation to the receptionist and £50 to the hospital for the damaged monitor. Crawford must also pay £50 costs.