School celebrates outstanding report
A SUFFOLK school is celebrating today after government inspectors rated it as outstanding. Farlingaye High School and Sixth Form in Woodbridge was commended by Ofsted for its achievements and standards, the personal development and well-being of pupils, its curriculum, and its leadership and management.
A SUFFOLK school is celebrating today after government inspectors rated it as outstanding.
Farlingaye High School and Sixth Form in Woodbridge was commended by Ofsted for its achievements and standards, the personal development and well-being of pupils, its curriculum, and its leadership and management.
Headteacher Sue Hargadon said she was overwhelmed by the report.
“It is such a lovely acknowledgement of what we do in school,” she said.
“We feel that this is a very good school but you never know how yours compares to others.
“To get 'outstanding' grades in 31 out of 34 areas is fantastic.”
- 1 Ipswich bricklayer dragged wife out of car before kicking and punching her
- 2 'Despicable racism' condemned after letter in post
- 3 Ipswich man appears in court charged with child sex offences
- 4 'It's what I know and love': Former lorry driver opens food truck on A12
- 5 Homeless man allegedly stabbed man who offered help
- 6 School in Ipswich 'proud' of good Ofsted report
- 7 Peugeot stolen from Ipswich pub car park
- 8 10 Suffolk celebrities and where they went to school
- 9 Fire crews called to fire on flat balcony in busy Ipswich road
- 10 Man who repeatedly hit partner jailed for 64 weeks
Inspectors praised Farlingaye, a specialist maths and computing college, for its provision of an outstanding standard of education, sense of community and strong work ethic.
Ms Hargadon was found to provide “inspirational leadership” while teachers had “genuine enthusiasm” for the subjects they taught.
The sixth form was also described as outstanding, while morale throughout the school was “high”.
Ms Hargadon, who has been head for 11 years, said: “The areas the inspectors suggested for improvement had already been identified in our school evaluation and we are already addressing them.
“Our standards have risen but it's not just down to me. We have excellent staff and great children.”
Is your child a pupil at Farlingaye? Do you agree with the inspectors' findings? Write to Your Letters, Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org