Chantry Academy warn of potential planned fight
- Credit: Archant
Parents in Ipswich have been advised to make sure they know where their children are on Saturday - after a school was made aware of a planned brawl between youngsters that may put their children “at risk”.
Chantry Academy, in Mallard Way, posted an alert on its Facebook page and Twitter feed today, Friday May 10, urging parents to keep an eye on their children after seeing reports of a potential fight being planned among youngsters in the town on social media.
Craig D'Cunha, principal of Chantry Academy, said the reports of the potential brawl involved children from various schools in the town but felt it was the school's social responsibility to make parents aware.
He said: "We wanted to make parents aware without causing panic.
"It's that balance, making sure parents are aware without causing alarm.
You may also want to watch:
"It could of course be erroneous information and we don't want to add any glamour to it.
"We have to make sure that the kids are safe."
- 1 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 2 Documentary on former world’s fattest man Paul Mason set to air
- 3 Drink driver found slumped at wheel after partying until 7am
- 4 Ipswich Flooring Superstore opening brings jobs and investment
- 5 'Small number' of street workers in Ipswich, 15 years after Steve Wright murders
- 6 £1,600 worth of power tools stolen while owner was shopping
- 7 New movie to be shot in Suffolk in 2022, author announces
- 8 What are the Covid rates in Suffolk — and could Christmas be affected?
- 9 Man arrested following Ipswich sexual assault
- 10 Where to find the cheapest petrol in Suffolk as prices hit all-time high