School's bathroom fire

FIREFIGHTERS were called to a Suffolk public school today to put out a blaze in a bathroom.

FIREFIGHTERS were called to a Suffolk public school today to put out a blaze in a bathroom.

Two people were taken to Ipswich Hospital for a check up after inhaling smoke when the blaze was discovered at Framlingham College shortly after 4am.

The pair are not believed to have been kept in for treatment.

It is thought the blaze started in a waste paper bin.

No one was seriously injured in the fire at the boarding school which is home to hundreds of students during term time.

Yesterday, a fire crew from Ipswich put out a blaze in a shed in Croft Street in the town shortly before 9pm.

Most Read

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter