Scott Ellis denies murdering his ex-partner in her Martlesham home
- Credit: Archant
A Suffolk man is due to stand trial next month after pleading not guilty to the murder of his ex-partner at her home in Martlesham.
Scott Ellis, of Tunstall Green, Tunstall, near Woodbridge, appeared before Ipswich Crown Court for his plea and case management hearing today.
He denied murdering 39-year-old Jane Bartholomew, of Lark Rise, Martlesham.
Miss Bartholomew’s body was found at her home shortly before 9pm on June 13.
During yesterday’s hearing prosecutor Peter Gair told the court Ellis’ trial was likely to last between five and six days.
The remainder of the hearing contained discussions between Mr Gair, defence counsel Hugh Vass and Judge David Goodin relating to legal issues which cannot be reported at this time.
At the end of proceedings Judge Goodin told Ellis that his trial would begin on December 1.
- 1 Man found dead as police and fire service called to Ipswich home
- 2 Emergency road closure near Ipswich Hospital due to 'defect' in carriageway
- 3 The largest science centre in East Anglia opens in Claydon
- 4 Green light for plans for 7 homes on site of 'eyesore' office building
- 5 How it all unfolded in first-ever Super Heat at Foxhall
- 6 'It wouldn't surprise me' - Burns on potential Norwood reunion
- 7 'Eyesore' Suffolk seafront hotel for sale for £2million
- 8 Severe railway delays after scaffold pole thrown onto tracks
- 9 Stalls galore as Saints Street Market returns to Ipswich
- 10 Call the Midwife star to come to Felixstowe
Ellis was remanded in custody until then.