Scouts in dungeons to join up
SCOUTS ventured into dungeons in darkness as part of their investiture ceremony.Yesterday a group of venture scouts were taken to the dungeons at County Hall to make their promise and join the group.
SCOUTS ventured into dungeons in darkness as part of their investiture ceremony.
Yesterday a group of venture scouts were taken to the dungeons at County Hall to make their promise and join the group.
Richard Marsh is one of the leaders of the 29th Scout Group.
"We thought it would be a good idea as we always try to find different and interesting places to make it a memorable occasion for the boys.
"I was invested on top of the Orwell Bridge just before it was finished and we have had boys invested in canoes and all sorts, " he said.
During the ceremony last night, the boys had to make their scout promise before being given the scarf and being made part of the group.
- 1 Ipswich Station closed as man arrested for possessing a firearm
- 2 The possible candidates as Ipswich Town search for new boss
- 3 Former BBC DJ to go live with new station
- 4 Paul Cook sacked by Ipswich Town
- 5 Harsh or fair? Here's what Town fans are saying about Paul Cook sacking
- 6 Two people reported rough sleeping every day in Ipswich last month
- 7 'Would get Town promoted this season' - Ambrose reveals his choice for new boss
- 8 Ipswich Town set to announce caretaker manager
- 9 70 Kesgrave houses switch on for Festive Light Trail
- 10 The early betting favourites to be the next Town boss
For more information on the venture scouts or any other part of the scouts phone Richard Marsh on 01473 435278.