Search for ex-Clifford Road pupils
PRIMARY school classmates from 46 years ago have managed to get in touch with each other after an Evening Star article.But the former pupils of Clifford Road Primary School of Clifford Road, Ipswich are still trying to trace a further eight people.
PRIMARY school classmates from 46 years ago have managed to get in touch with each other after an Evening Star article.
But the former pupils of Clifford Road Primary School of Clifford Road, Ipswich are still trying to trace a further eight people.
John Day, of Ipswich's Sandpiper Road, is organising a reunion for all pupils who left the school in 1957.
He said: "I have been really impressed by how many people have got back to me. We have had responses from as far afield as Norwich and Essex.
You may also want to watch:
"Most people have been very, very positive and want to attend the reunion."
There are, however, a few people left to be traced.
- 1 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 2 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 3 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
- 4 Meet the Ipswich teenage singer who gave £17.5k away to charity
- 5 Jailed in Suffolk: See the three men locked up this week
- 6 Duo jailed after 63 bags of cocaine found in hotel room
- 7 Man to face trial over claims he sexually assaulted toddler in the street
- 8 Kesgrave Kitchen praised by local MP after 'fantastic' transformation
- 9 Ipswich man charged with attempted murder
- 10 Stroke survivor cut off from family in lockdown returns home
The women are Carol Carracio, Marion Baldwin and Maureen Taylor, who used to live in Ipswich's Grange Road.
Among the men, those still missing are Richard Howard, Alex Snioch, who used to live at the bottom of Back Hamlet, Michael Lawrence formerly of Cauldwell Hall Road, Michael Butler formerly of Wellesley Road and Peter Durham, who is believed to be in Canada.
The reunion will take place on Saturday October 11 at Clifford Road School from 7pm until 11pm.
If you are a former Clifford Road pupil who left in 1957, or know any of the above people, please contact John Day on 01473 404683 or at email@example.com.