Search for ex-Clifford Road pupils
PRIMARY school classmates from 46 years ago have managed to get in touch with each other after an Evening Star article.But the former pupils of Clifford Road Primary School of Clifford Road, Ipswich are still trying to trace a further eight people.
PRIMARY school classmates from 46 years ago have managed to get in touch with each other after an Evening Star article.
But the former pupils of Clifford Road Primary School of Clifford Road, Ipswich are still trying to trace a further eight people.
John Day, of Ipswich's Sandpiper Road, is organising a reunion for all pupils who left the school in 1957.
He said: "I have been really impressed by how many people have got back to me. We have had responses from as far afield as Norwich and Essex.
"Most people have been very, very positive and want to attend the reunion."
There are, however, a few people left to be traced.
- 1 Thousands of cigarettes seized after HMRC officers raid Ipswich stores
- 2 Gambling addict stole £25k from elderly woman she befriended
- 3 New store opens in California fulfilling owner's dream
- 4 Snow possible overnight as 50mph gusts set to arrive in Suffolk
- 5 Man taken to hospital after being stabbed in chest and arms
- 6 'I can’t explain how much it hurt' - mum who lost two children leads bereavement service
- 7 'Definitely worth it' - Late night shoppers turn out in Ipswich
- 8 8 things to do with friends and family in Suffolk this weekend
- 9 Kesgrave GP bookings start online after making appointments proves hard
- 10 County lines dealer jailed for six years for drug offences in Ipswich
The women are Carol Carracio, Marion Baldwin and Maureen Taylor, who used to live in Ipswich's Grange Road.
Among the men, those still missing are Richard Howard, Alex Snioch, who used to live at the bottom of Back Hamlet, Michael Lawrence formerly of Cauldwell Hall Road, Michael Butler formerly of Wellesley Road and Peter Durham, who is believed to be in Canada.
The reunion will take place on Saturday October 11 at Clifford Road School from 7pm until 11pm.
If you are a former Clifford Road pupil who left in 1957, or know any of the above people, please contact John Day on 01473 404683 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.