Search for ex-Clifford Road pupils
PRIMARY school classmates from 46 years ago have managed to get in touch with each other after an Evening Star article.But the former pupils of Clifford Road Primary School of Clifford Road, Ipswich are still trying to trace a further eight people.
PRIMARY school classmates from 46 years ago have managed to get in touch with each other after an Evening Star article.
But the former pupils of Clifford Road Primary School of Clifford Road, Ipswich are still trying to trace a further eight people.
John Day, of Ipswich's Sandpiper Road, is organising a reunion for all pupils who left the school in 1957.
He said: "I have been really impressed by how many people have got back to me. We have had responses from as far afield as Norwich and Essex.
"Most people have been very, very positive and want to attend the reunion."
There are, however, a few people left to be traced.
- 1 Suffolk's top 10 fish and chip shops as voted by our readers - now pick a winner
- 2 Police carry out 'pre-planned' operation in Felixstowe road
- 3 See inside £1.65m Ipswich home with swimming pool and games room
- 4 Notcutts submit detailed plans for 14 homes on the edge of Ipswich
- 5 Double drink driver who killed Jennifer, 32, jailed six years and eight months
- 6 Ipswich girl with cyst on brain struggling to get diagnosis
- 7 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 8 See inside stunning £1.15m home a stone's throw away from Christchurch Park
- 9 7 things around Ipswich which are among the best in the country
- 10 Crash involving ambulance closes Ipswich road
The women are Carol Carracio, Marion Baldwin and Maureen Taylor, who used to live in Ipswich's Grange Road.
Among the men, those still missing are Richard Howard, Alex Snioch, who used to live at the bottom of Back Hamlet, Michael Lawrence formerly of Cauldwell Hall Road, Michael Butler formerly of Wellesley Road and Peter Durham, who is believed to be in Canada.
The reunion will take place on Saturday October 11 at Clifford Road School from 7pm until 11pm.
If you are a former Clifford Road pupil who left in 1957, or know any of the above people, please contact John Day on 01473 404683 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.