Are you the fairest of them all? Your chance to play Snow White in Ipswich panto
- Credit: ENCHANTED ENTERTAINMENT
Now is your chance to be a star – Ipswich pantomime producers are launching a spellbinding search for this year’s Snow White.
For the first time ever, a talented local girl could play the title role – with auditions taking place later this month, we can reveal.
Producers Enchanted Entertainment are on the look-out for a female aged 18 or over who lives in the area. The successful candidate will star alongside Britain’s Got Talent winner Matt Pagan, playing the ‘Prince’, and Atomic Kitten’s Natasha Hamilton, the ‘Wicked Queen’.
“We want to thank the Star for helping us to find a star,” said Ipswich council deputy leader Bryony Rudkin.
“This is a fantastic opportunity and we know Ipswich and Suffolk have such talent.
“Our message is come on, don’t be shy – take the lead role in a magical show at East Anglia’s top theatre.”
Budding performers need to attend auditions on Monday, September 24 at 11am at Ipswich Regent.
- 1 Man suffers fractured eye socket after attack outside Ipswich bus station
- 2 Suffolk rail services affected after person hit by a train
- 3 Woman who stole £24k from school and football club to face sentence
- 4 Unclaimed £83k winning EuroMillions lottery ticket was bought in Suffolk
- 5 Police concerned for welfare of missing Suffolk man last seen two weeks ago
- 6 OPINION: Free sporting activities for children return to Ipswich this summer
- 7 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals locked up so far in 2022
- 8 Plans for 440 homes and visitor centre in Ipswich Garden Suburb submitted
- 9 Ipswich climber's death was a 'tragic and unexpected accident'
- 10 Plans to convert town centre office to five flats
Registration begins at 10.30am, and any recalls will happen the following day.
Hopefuls need to bring a song of their choice with a backing track to sing to the audition panel.
They will then be given some acting sections from the script to perform in front of the pantomime’s creative team.
Producer Guy Pascall added: “It’s going to be a fantastic production and what an amazing opportunity for a local actress to gain valuable professional experience in the panto and to start them off on their own glittering career.”
The new Snow White must be available from December 1 until January 2 – rehearsals take place until December 13 while the actual performances begin the following day.
It is a contracted role, meaning the chosen candidate will be paid for their work.
Musical director Jezz Weatherall said: “Snow White is probably the best pantomime part for an actress to play and we’ll be looking for someone who can sing, dance and act to a very high standard.”
Enchanted Entertainment is bringing 28 performances of Snow White and the Seven Dwarves to Ipswich Regent from December 14 until January 2, 2019.
To book, call 01473 433100 or visit the Ipswich Regent website.