Search for supermarket pervert
POLICE are hunting a pervert who left a series of sexually explicit notes under the windscreen wipers of women's cars in Stowmarket.The three notes, described as having a “smutty” content by police, were left on vehicles which had been left in the car park of the town's Solar store, off Combs Lane during the lunchtime period on Wednesday .
POLICE are hunting a pervert who left a series of sexually explicit notes under the windscreen wipers of women's cars in Stowmarket.
The three notes, described as having a “smutty” content by police, were left on vehicles which had been left in the car park of the town's Solar store, off Combs Lane during the lunchtime period on Wednesday .
Police believe the same person was behind a similar offence which took place on May 31, while a woman shopping at Tesco in Martlesham was also targeted earlier this year.
All the notes were hand written on torn white envelopes. One was stuck under the front windscreen wiper, one under the glass on the wing mirror while one was pushed through a window that was slightly open.
You may also want to watch:
Police believe the offender randomly picked his victims and is not targeting specific individuals.
A spokesman said the force was keen to trace the driver of a vehicle that was seen constantly driving around and parking in various spaces of the car park during a one-hour period.
- 1 Unex starts work at former Ipswich Debenhams store
- 2 Border Force 'urgently responding' to incident off the Harwich coast
- 3 Christmas light DJ to open new Ipswich bar
- 4 'Small number' of street workers in Ipswich, 15 years after Steve Wright murders
- 5 Cardinal Practice 'access issues' to be discussed at key NHS meeting
- 6 'Horror movie script' - Waterfront lounge bar plans rejected again
- 7 Emergency services conduct search and rescue mission off Harwich coast
- 8 New movie to be shot in Suffolk in 2022, author announces
- 9 What are the Covid rates in Suffolk — and could Christmas be affected?
- 10 Two people rescued after search off Harwich coast
The vehicle is described as a red van, with white writing on both sides and above the windscreen. The writing could possibly read Computer Service Ltd or Commercial Service Ltd.
There was also a distinctive white stick-man logo on the rear side panel while the vehicle had no wheel trims.
The spokesman said: “We would ask that if anyone else who has recently visited Solar and received a similar note put it in a plastic bag and hand it in to us as soon as possible.
“We would also like to hear from anybody who was in the car park at the time of the incident who may well have witnessed someone acting suspiciously.
“We will not tolerate threatening and intimidating behaviour. We have already increased patrols of the car park and hope that with the help of the public we can find the perpetrator of these offences.”
Anyone with information should contact Pc Kieron Pederick at Stowmarket Police Station on 01284 774100 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.