Search for the special constables
HAS a bobby on your beat gone the extra mile to help? Have you been impressed by a response to 999 call?Well now is the time to tell Suffolk police about as the force today launches its campaign to find its top worker.
HAS a bobby on your beat gone the extra mile to help? Have you been impressed by a response to 999 call?
Well now is the time to tell Suffolk police about as the force today launches its campaign to find its top worker.
Every year the constabulary presents The Sheepshanks Trophy to a member of staff who has given outstanding service to their community. The award is open to both police officers and police staff.
It recognises professional conduct, commitments which have given staff a close affinity to their community, or other commendable service.
Nominations come from the public and supervisory officers within the force, a winner is then selected by a committee which included a member of the Suffolk Police Authority and the constabulary's assistant chief constable.
Temporary assistant chief constable, Carl Puiy, said: “Officers and staff do a wonderful job and this prestigious award is given in appreciation of their commitment.
- 1 Police cordon in place outside former Grimwades store in Ipswich
- 2 Two knives found in Ipswich park after six teenagers arrested
- 3 10-acre field fire breaks out in south Suffolk village
- 4 One of the world's largest container ships arrives at Port of Felixstowe
- 5 Investigation ongoing after huge blaze rips through land near Ipswich
- 6 'I'm so proud' - Jimmy's Farm scoops three prestigious awards
- 7 Summertime Ipswich to bring the party to the Waterfront next weekend
- 8 Couple get engaged after abseiling down Ipswich Hospital block
- 9 Teenager sexually assaulted and then robbed in Ipswich
- 10 Laptop, phone and wallet stolen from car in village near Ipswich
“I would ask anyone who knows of an officer or a member of police staff who really makes a difference in their community to put forward a nomination and give them the recognition they deserve.”
The Sheepshanks Trophy was set up in 1991 by the then chairman of the Suffolk police committee, captain Robin Sheepshanks.
Anyone wishing to nominate a Suffolk police officer or member of police staff should send their nomination to inspector Ben Cook at Suffolk police headquarters, Martlesham Heath, Ipswich IP5 3QS by Friday, January 11, 2007.
Would you like to praise Suffolk police? Write to Your Letters, Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich IP4 1AN or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.