Search for the special constables
HAS a bobby on your beat gone the extra mile to help? Have you been impressed by a response to 999 call?Well now is the time to tell Suffolk police about as the force today launches its campaign to find its top worker.
HAS a bobby on your beat gone the extra mile to help? Have you been impressed by a response to 999 call?
Well now is the time to tell Suffolk police about as the force today launches its campaign to find its top worker.
Every year the constabulary presents The Sheepshanks Trophy to a member of staff who has given outstanding service to their community. The award is open to both police officers and police staff.
It recognises professional conduct, commitments which have given staff a close affinity to their community, or other commendable service.
You may also want to watch:
Nominations come from the public and supervisory officers within the force, a winner is then selected by a committee which included a member of the Suffolk Police Authority and the constabulary's assistant chief constable.
Temporary assistant chief constable, Carl Puiy, said: “Officers and staff do a wonderful job and this prestigious award is given in appreciation of their commitment.
- 1 'An absolute honour' –Ipswich woman crowned Miss Universe Great Britain
- 2 Ipswich's Covid infection rate now the highest in England
- 3 'Don't wait' - People urged to get coronavirus booster
- 4 Giant inflatable obstacle course coming to an Ipswich park
- 5 Ipswich market moves as work starts on Botanist restaurant
- 6 Is a new tenant lined up to move into Ancient House in Ipswich?
- 7 Matchday Recap: Blues cruise to victory at Fratton Park
- 8 62-year-old arrested following incident in Ipswich town centre
- 9 Ipswich man saves father-in-law after cardiac arrest at beach day-out
- 10 'I'm very lucky' – Ipswich biker-chef lost arm and hand in A14 crash
“I would ask anyone who knows of an officer or a member of police staff who really makes a difference in their community to put forward a nomination and give them the recognition they deserve.”
The Sheepshanks Trophy was set up in 1991 by the then chairman of the Suffolk police committee, captain Robin Sheepshanks.
Anyone wishing to nominate a Suffolk police officer or member of police staff should send their nomination to inspector Ben Cook at Suffolk police headquarters, Martlesham Heath, Ipswich IP5 3QS by Friday, January 11, 2007.
Would you like to praise Suffolk police? Write to Your Letters, Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich IP4 1AN or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.