Search starts for hospital heroes
A HUNT for your heroes begins today.Every day dedicated staff at Ipswich Hospital help to save and drastically improve lives.Now it is your chance to say a big thank you for the amazing work that goes on behind the doors of the Heath Road hospital by nominating staff for The Evening Star's Patient's Award.
A HUNT for your heroes begins today.
Every day dedicated staff at Ipswich Hospital help to save and drastically improve lives.
Now it is your chance to say a big thank you for the amazing work that goes on behind the doors of the Heath Road hospital by nominating staff for The Evening Star's Patient's Award.
The accolade is the only award voted for by the public as part of Ipswich Hospital's annual staff awards.
It allows patients to commend any member of staff who shows outstanding kindness, professional expertise and high-class patient care.
Last year's winner, consultant orthopaedic surgeon Jeffrey Hallett, said winning the award had meant a lot to him.
- 1 Man stabbed in back and sides in Ipswich attack
- 2 Men convicted of kidnap and rape of Ipswich girl
- 3 Forbidden Suffolk: 6 places you can't visit in the county
- 4 Two arrests made following stabbing
- 5 'We're lucky to get her back' - Drone finds missing Pinky after 17 days
- 6 'Incredibly proud': 11-year-old saves classmate choking on chicken nugget
- 7 Alleyway near Ipswich town centre remains sealed off after serious assault
- 8 Serving police officer appears in court over alleged misconduct offence
- 9 'Fantastic' new café at Needham Lake beauty spot opens its doors
- 10 Suffolk campsite named among the best in the UK by the Guardian
Mr Hallett, who has now retired, said: “It was a very welcome surprise. I think the main thing about it is it is the award the patients vote for.
“It meant more to me than all the other awards would have because of that. It shows you have helped people and that is what you want to do.
“It was a really great end to 23 years at the hospital.”
This year's winner of The Evening Star's Patient's Award will be presented with their award, along with other winners from the hospital's awards, at the Celebrating Our Stars Award Evening on Thursday, April 24.
To nominate a member of staff at Ipswich Hospital write to Linda Cooper, press office, Victor Bonney Offices, NO57, Ipswich Hospital, Heath Road, Ipswich IP4 5PD. The closing date for nominations is Friday, February 29, 2008.
Have staff at Ipswich Hospital helped save or transform your life? Write to Your Letters, Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich IP4 1AN or e-mail email@example.com.