Second arrest in murder inquiry
A SECOND man has today been arrested in connection with the murder of Ipswich woman Cara Martin-Brown.A 19-year-old Ipswich man is currently being questioned by officers at the town's Civic Drive police station.
A SECOND man has today been arrested in connection with the murder of Ipswich woman Cara Martin-Brown.
A 19-year-old Ipswich man is currently being questioned by officers at the town's Civic Drive police station.
Cara Martin-Brown, 25, of Hawthorn Drive, was discovered in an alleyway off Alderman Road, Ipswich, on December 23.
Darren Brown, 21, of Alderman Road, was the first person to be arrested by police just hours after Miss Martin-Brown's body was found. He was charged with her murder 40 hours later.
You may also want to watch:
Brown is due back in court on March 5 to enter a plea. He was remanded in custody and no application for bail was made.
It is believed that Miss Martin-Brown had been working as a prostitute in the area. Despite sharing part of the same surname the two are not related.
- 1 First look at golf club's multi-million pound coastal homes development
- 2 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 3 Caravans pitched at Portman Road car park
- 4 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 5 Luke Chambers: 'To be brutally honest, I didn't think I would be leaving the club this summer'
- 6 'Mass of smoke' billows from roof in house fire
- 7 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 8 Lounge bar with bespoke cocktails and tapas to open at Ipswich waterfront
- 9 Kesgrave shooting: Trial set to start as boy, 16, denies attempted murder
- 10 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge