Second Ipswich traveller camp set up near council offices and crown court in West End Road car park
- Credit: Archant
Travellers have moved onto a car park in central Ipswich just days after others occupied Whitehouse Park.
Around a half-a-dozen caravans and mobile homes have parked up on the site in West End Road.
It is thought some of the travellers may have moved from the site in the north of the town to the new location opposite the Ipswich Borough Council (IBC) offices and Ipswich Crown Court.
They were seen arriving on Monday afternoon and set up on a small section of the car park near its junction with the main road.
An IBC spokesman said: “We can confirm that a group of travellers have gained access to a small section of our car park on West End Road.
You may also want to watch:
“We are in close contact with the police and will take all the necessary steps to recover the site.”
Over the weekend Suffolk Constabulary and council officers were working to recover Whitehouse Park after the travellers moved in on Friday afternoon.
- 1 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 2 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 3 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 4 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Ipswich
- 5 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 6 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 7 First look inside Ipswich's new Geek Retreat games cafe
- 8 Man caused £26k worth of damage after setting fire to van and car
- 9 Well-known Felixstowe bookseller to retire and hand over to vinyl store
- 10 'It's like we're in the stone age' - Homophobic abuse halts LGBT+ parties