Second man dies after road accident
A SECOND man has died after a road crash in Henham today.The victim was taken to James Paget Hospital in Gorleston with serious injuries but died just after 1pm, police said.
A SECOND man has died after a road crash in Henham today.
The 20-year-old, thought to be from the Leiston-Saxmundham area, was taken to James Paget Hospital in Gorleston with serious injuries but died just after 1pm, police said.
A 28-year-old from Saxmundham was pronounced dead at the scene.
Police were called just after 7.10am and were told a car had come off the road and collided with a tree near Sotherton crossroads.
Police closed the road and traffic was diverted via the B1123 Halesworth road but the road reopened at just after 12pm.
Emergency services attended the scene and found a blue Nissan Almeira in a field with three men inside the vehicle.
- 1 Could you offer one of these rescue animals their forever home in Suffolk?
- 2 Ipswich man charged with string of sexual offences
- 3 Most desirable places to live in Ipswich according to estate agents
- 4 Tributes paid to 'calm and caring' grassroots football stalwart 'Mr Exiles'
- 5 Revealed: All the places crimes were reported in Ipswich in April
- 6 Popular Ipswich motorcycle show to return for 30th year
- 7 Regent expansion project takes step forward as plans urged for approval
- 8 7 roadworks Suffolk drivers should be aware of this week
- 9 Police concerned for welfare of missing 12-year-old girl from Ipswich
- 10 'They saved our boy's life' - Fundraiser for hospital that helped little Rocco
The 24-year-old driver of the car was taken to Ipswich Hospital where his condition was described as stable today.
Police need to speak to anyone who was driving in the area at the time, regardless of whether they saw the collision or not.
Anyone with any information about the crash should contact PC Jon Doran or Sgt Steve Knight at Halesworth Roads Policing Unit on 01986 835300.