See pictures from Ipswich Wheels 2017 at Chantry Park
From daring motorcycle stunts, to monster truck rides, this year’s Ipswich Wheels has been “the biggest and best yet”, according to organisers.
Around 7,000 people turned out to the town’s Chantry Park today to enjoy the event, which is put on by Ipswich Borough Council (IBC) and is in its third year.
Mark Whiting, commercial manager for IBC, said: “It was a brilliant event and the weather stayed kind to us and the sun shone all day.
“We had around 7,000 visitors, which makes it the biggest and best Ipswich Wheels yet.
“There were so many attractions, including stunt riders and displays, but once again Slingshot seemed to be the star of the show.
You may also want to watch:
“We are really pleased so many people came to Chantry Park to enjoy themselves and we would like to thank all the sponsors for making the event possible and above all everyone who turned up to make it such a great event. We are already looking forward to next year.”
Ipswich Wheels aims to celebrate wheeled motion through the ages, including classic cars, steam engines, motorbikes, emergency services vehicles, trucks and nitro cars.
- 1 The Walk in Ipswich town centre cordoned off by police
- 2 62-year-old arrested following incident in Ipswich town centre
- 3 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 4 'We don't want them here' - Work continues to make Maple Park safer
- 5 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 6 'Devious' Ipswich doctor jailed for sending fake texts to flatmate
- 7 Ipswich Town fan banned from Portman Road for racially abusing player
- 8 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 9 250 Ipswich patients fined after failing to pay for their prescriptions
- 10 Felixstowe's mayor offers reassurance following lorry park death arrests