Self defence claim against club attack
AN Ipswich man was acting in self-defence when he hit a night clubber over the head, a court heard.Paul Mills, of Norwich Road, told police he believed Robert Hutchinson was "out to get him".
AN Ipswich man was acting in self-defence when he hit a night clubber over the head, a court heard.
Paul Mills, of Norwich Road, told police he believed Robert Hutchinson was "out to get him".
Ipswich Crown Court heard the two men had argued at Liquid Nightclub in August and Mills had pushed Mr Hutchinson while he was on the dance floor.
When Mr Hutchinson left the club Mills punched him twice in the face. On September 1 last year Mills approached Mr Hutchinson in Liquids because he had heard rumours that Mr Hutchinson and his friends had been driving around looking for him.
You may also want to watch:
Pc Andrew Wright, who interviewed Mills, said: "He said he asked Hutchinson if he was after him, Hutchinson said nothing but kept staring at him. Mills thought he was drunk, he gave Hutchinson a quick shove and Hutchinson walked away."
Pc Wright said Mills followed Hutchinson and had to tug on his shirt to make him turn round. "He said he thought Hutchinson was going to hit him so he Hutchinson but not with the hand he had the bottle in," said Pc Wright.
- 1 Cardinal Park taped off as man suffers stab wounds
- 2 Man left with life-changing injuries following stabbing in Ipswich
- 3 Mum opens eco-friendly refill store thanks to savings and public donations
- 4 Army helicopter lands in field near Nacton after developing fault
- 5 'Controlling' man locked girlfriend in house
- 6 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 7 Hunt for Victoria Hall's killer takes another twist
- 8 Summertime Ipswich to bring the party to the Waterfront next month
- 9 Ipswich man charged in connection with Cheshunt rail incident
- 10 'Gutted' Ipswich burger van man loses everything in fire devastation
Hutchinson suffered a cut to his head and received four stitches at Ipswich Hospital. Mills, 23, denies causing Mr Hutchinson actual bodily harm.
The trial continues.