Semi-naked Ipswich man jailed for going into stranger’s home, taking off his boxer shorts and getting into her bed
- Credit: Archant
An Ipswich man has been jailed after walking into a woman’s flat dressed only in his boxer shorts before stripping off and getting into her bed.
Ipswich Crown Court heard it was Kyle Girling’s second similar offence in three years.
Girling, who is 27 today, was given five years’ imprisonment after a court heard a female police officer found him naked in the woman’s bed in a state of “semi arousal”.
Girling, formerly of Woodbridge Road, was convicted of trespass with intent to commit a sexual offence on July 17 last year following a trial.
He had previously pleaded guilty to breaching indefinite sexual offences prevention order which he was given following the 2011 offence.
The court heard Girling’s victim was at her home near Ipswich town centre with an infant at around 8pm when she went to her doorstep and saw Girling sitting nearby wearing nothing but a pair of boxer shorts.
He then smiled and walked over to her property.
Girling went through the woman’s open front door and put the cigarette he was smoking on her tumble dryer before proceeding further into the flat.
- 1 Ipswich Station closed as man arrested for possessing a firearm
- 2 Beautiful new bottomless brunches launch at Ipswich bar
- 3 'Lovely to be acknowledged' - Ipswich craft shop pleased with bounce back
- 4 Man arrested after Ipswich train station incident released
- 5 The early betting favourites to be the next Town boss
- 6 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 7 North Stander: We've become a sacking club - and that makes me uneasy
- 8 Court to decide how much swindler should repay customers
- 9 Family's gratitude after Christmas samaritan's £50 act of kindness
- 10 Yellow weather warning in place as Storm Barra set to hit Suffolk
Sentencing Girling, Judge David Goodin told him: “She must have been absolutely terrified.”
The woman went to a friend for help and police were called.
Judge Goodin said: “A female police officer checking the bedrooms found you asleep in (the victim’s) bed, naked by now having removed your boxer shorts, in a state of some sexual excitement.
“It’s not possible to say precisely what sexual offence you had in mind, but it must have been at least sexual touching.”
Earlier in the hearing the court heard Girling had been jailed for three years after committing a similar offence on July 15, 2011.
On that occasion he entered another woman’s property in east Ipswich in the middle of the night while she was in bed with her child.
Prosecutor Charles Myatt said Girling told the woman: “You are lucky I don’t get into bed with you. If I hadn’t seen your (child) I would have done.”
Mr Myatt said consumption of alcohol seemed to disinhibit Girling and was the trigger for his offences.
He added Girling’s latest victim had been left significantly unnerved by the incident to the point where she did not feel safe in her home, and could not longer sleep in her own bed.
Roger Thomson, mitigating, said: “This was a random, spur of the moment offence. He doesn’t know the rules of social intercourse. He tends to react completely inappropriately, particularly when he meets females because he doesn’t know how to deal with it.”