Send a message to Donald Trump at craft event in La Tour Cycle Café, Ipswich
- Credit: Archant
Crafty campaigners are planning to send a heartfelt message of hope to the White House in America.
Vicky How, of Ipswich, is appealing for anyone who has something they want to say to US President Donald Trump to join her event at La Tour Cycle Café, in Tower Street, on February 11.
Participants will write their views on a piece of felt, cut it into a heart shape and stick them all together into a banner to be delivered to Washington DC.
Mrs How, who is mother to Benjamin, one, and Thomas, four, said it was a chance for people, particularly families, who couldn’t make it to the big city marches to have their say.
She added: “I think a lot of people wanted to go but in my case I couldn’t take two children to London or arrange child care so I wanted to be able to have a voice and put my opinion across and say: ‘I’m not particularly happy with what’s going on’.
“I think lots of people are probably in the same situation, so I thought how about we get together and make something.”
The craft session - named Hearts for Rights Morning - is from 9.30am to 12noon and is open to all, including children.
- 1 Apology for Ipswich pub landlords after 'insensitive LGBT+ comments'
- 2 ‘I thought I was going to die’ - Woman feels let down after spiking
- 3 'My life is hard enough' - Suffolk disabled dad struggles to repair home
- 4 More than 200 homes in Ipswich without electricity after power cut
- 5 Further case of Omicron Covid variant detected in East Anglia
- 6 Gucci items hidden in Asda stores across the country
- 7 Matchday Recap: Town out of Trophy after shootout loss
- 8 Man acted as lookout while accomplice robbed Ipswich store
- 9 'A lovely green space' - race against time to buy mini-Ipswich woodland
- 10 New farm shop and cafe opens in Suffolk countryside
“I’m trying to make it as accessible as possible to everyone,” Mrs How said.
“I think it’s empowering to meet other people who might feel the same way as you and are worried about the same things.”
The banner will then stay at La Tour for a week for anyone who cannot attend the event on February 11 to add their contribution.
Donations of materials for the banner, or money to help with postage cost, are welcome and can be dropped off at La Tour.
For more information, see the Facebook event page.