Serious accident in Elmswell
A MAN has been seriously injured following a road accident in Elmswell.The accident, which involved a single vehicle, happened under a railway bridge on the A1088 at about 9.30am today.
A MAN has been taken to hospital following a road accident in Elmswell.
The accident happened when a Peugeot 407 travelling on the A1088 towards Norton collided with a railway bridge at about 9.30am today.
The road was closed while emergency services accessed the scene and diversions were put in place.
A police spokeswoman said it was initially believed the driver had sustained “possibly life-changing” injuries, however it was later found that his injuries were not as serious as first thought.
You may also want to watch:
He was taken to West Suffolk Hospital for treartment.
- 1 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 2 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 3 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 4 First look inside Ipswich's new Geek Retreat games cafe
- 5 'It's like we're in the stone age' - Homophobic abuse halts LGBT+ parties
- 6 Well-known Felixstowe bookseller to retire and hand over to vinyl store
- 7 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 8 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 9 Major Ipswich road partially blocked after crash involving Audi and Mercedes
- 10 Man accused of Ipswich stabbing refuses to leave cell to enter plea