Serious bungalow fire near Malcolm Road, Ipswich
- Credit: Archant
A bungalow in Ipswich caught fire this evening and three fire crews were called to the scene.
The fire at a home in Reid Close, off Malcolm Road, was called into the fire service at 7.45pm.
A spokeswoman from Suffolk County Council said the fire was in the rear of the home and details of how it started are still yet to be confirmed.
A fire investigation is already planned to take place.
Crews from Ipswich East, Holbrook and Princes Street stations all rushed to the scene, following the call.
You may also want to watch:
The flames were extinguished by 9pm and firefighters were investigating the loft space of the bungalow to check everything had been extinguished.
The cause of the fire is still being treated as unexplained. A cordon has been placed around the property to allow investigation work to be carried out.
- 1 A14 reopens after HGV crashes into central reservation
- 2 Anger at 'death trap' road in Pinewood
- 3 Ipswich woman who punched partner in face is ordered to pay compensation
- 4 Ipswich carer stole £570 from autistic client's bank account
- 5 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 6 Tesco introduces permanent quiet hours at its stores
- 7 Unex starts work at former Ipswich Debenhams store
- 8 Man admits exposing himself to women in park near Felixstowe
- 9 Everything you need to know about inflatable Waterfront sculpture
- 10 Fresh warning to parents after children re-enact Squid Game on playgrounds
For more updates on this story as further details are confirmed, keep checking this website.