Serious crash between car and motorbike on edge of Ipswich leaves biker injured
- Credit: Staff
A car and a motorbike have collided on Wednesday morning (January 25) with the A1071, on the edge of Ipswich, closed by police.
There have been reports of severe congestion on the surrounding roads.
As of 11am the road remained closed by police.
The crash involved two vehicles, a car and a motorbike.
Police said the crash was reported at around 8.40am on Wednesday January 25 and happened on A1071 near the junction with The Street, which is between London Road and Hintlesham.
You may also want to watch:
The A1071 is the main road between Hadleigh and Ipswich and passes through Hintlesham.
A spokesman for the East of England Ambulance service said they were called at 8.40am and sent a rapid response vehicle and an ambulance crew.
- 1 Ipswich's Covid infection rate now the highest in England
- 2 'An absolute honour' –Ipswich woman crowned Miss Universe Great Britain
- 3 62-year-old arrested following incident in Ipswich town centre
- 4 'I'm very lucky' – Ipswich biker-chef lost arm and hand in A14 crash
- 5 Inside a busy GP surgery: From daily abuse to the face-to-face debate
- 6 Matchday Recap: Blues cruise to victory at Fratton Park
- 7 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 8 Future of Swarovski in Buttermarket not crystal clear
- 9 Ipswich man saves father-in-law after cardiac arrest at beach day-out
- 10 'Don't wait' - People urged to get coronavirus booster
The man was treated at the scene for leg injuries and his hip was immobilised. He has been taken by land ambulance to Ipswich hospital for treatment.
If you saw the incident or have any information please contact Suffolk Constabulary on 101 quoting reference CAD 73 of January 25