Woman dies after serious A14 crash at Copdock
- Credit: Andrew Partridge
A woman has died in hospital following a serious crash on the A14 in Suffolk.
Police were called shortly before 9.30pm on Monday evening with reports of a major crash close to the Copdock junction.
The road was closed between Copdock and Sproughton until 4am on Tuesday while emergency services worked at the scene.
A woman was taken to Ipswich Hospital but a spokesman for Suffolk police confirmed this morning she later died from her injuries.
It is not yet clear how many vehicles were involved in the collision.
You may also want to watch:
Any witnesses to the accident are asked to contact the Serious Collision Investigation Team on 101, quoting reference CAD 407 of January 7.
- 1 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 2 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 3 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 4 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Ipswich
- 5 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 6 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 7 Man caused £26k worth of damage after setting fire to van and car
- 8 First look inside Ipswich's new Geek Retreat games cafe
- 9 Well-known Felixstowe bookseller to retire and hand over to vinyl store
- 10 London man who travelled to meet decoy teen to stand trial