SERIOUS INJURIES-A12 SMASH
A MOTORCYCLIST was taken to hospital today with serious injuries after a collision with a car on the A12. Alex Webb, operations room manager for Suffolk police, said emergency services were called to a single carriageway stretch of the A12 at Melton shortly before midday.
A MOTORCYCLIST has lost part of his foot after colliding with a car on a Suffolk road.
The accident happened on the A12 between the Wood Lane roundabout and the Ufford turn-off at 11.44am on Saturday.
The 33-year-old motorcyclist who was riding a Suzuki motorcycle, suffered serious injuries after colliding with a silver Ford Ka.
He is believed to be from the Haywoods Heath area of Sussex.
The single lane carriageway was closed for several hours following the crash.
- 1 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 2 Van driver jailed after A12 crash left motorist with life-changing injuries
- 3 Ipswich man charged with string of motoring offences
- 4 Pensioner who was racially abusive has jail sentence cut
- 5 Could American fast food chain Wendy's open a Suffolk restaurant next year?
- 6 More than 20 drivers caught at speeds of 100mph on A14 within an hour
- 7 European store wants to sell alcohol at old Co-op store in Ipswich
- 8 Online shoppers head to Ipswich for big brands like Primark
- 9 New store opens in California fulfilling owner's dream
- 10 Thousands of cigarettes seized after HMRC officers raid Ipswich stores