Seventy years of devotion for couple
DEVOTED couple Ted and Joyce Thornicroft have marked a marvellous 70 years of marriage with a celebratory family lunch.The 93-year-olds, of Woolnough Road, Woodbridge, had their platinum wedding anniversary on Wednesday.
DEVOTED couple Ted and Joyce Thornicroft have marked a marvellous 70 years of marriage with a celebratory family lunch.
The 93-year-olds, of Woolnough Road, Woodbridge, had their platinum wedding anniversary on Wednesday.
They were joined by members of their family for a celebratory lunch in a large marquee in their back garden.
The couple met in Hampshire and married just before the outbreak of the Second World War when Mr Thornicroft joined the Indian Army.
On his return they moved to Loughton in Essex where they lived for 40 years before retiring to Woodbridge so they could be closer to some of their family who live in Brundish.
Mr Thornicroft, a former managing director of a car leasing firm in Wimbledon, said: “We have had a fantastic day. It's been absolutely delightful. The family have been around and it's been wonderful.
- 1 Man found unconscious in Ipswich alleyway following serious assault
- 2 Suffolk woman and her three dogs die in London crash
- 3 Hopes pre-built extension plans will attract bigger acts to the Regent
- 4 Brother of Ipswich murder victim to roll out bleed control kits across town
- 5 £1million house with extensive grounds up for sale near Christchurch Park
- 6 Tomorrow's lunar eclipse: How and when to see it
- 7 Driver fined £100 after accidentally entering wrong date on car park app
- 8 Court orders Ipswich drug dealer to repay £63,000
- 9 Talented young DJ collaborates with Ipswich cocktail bar after debut in London nightclub
- 10 Charity match held in memory of Tavis Spencer-Aitkens
“We have had a lot of presents and a lovely card from the Queen.
“My wife and I have loved each other without being silly about it. We weren't one of those couples who started off fawning over each other - it means we haven't run out of steam. We love each other in our own way.”