Seventy years of devotion for couple
DEVOTED couple Ted and Joyce Thornicroft have marked a marvellous 70 years of marriage with a celebratory family lunch.The 93-year-olds, of Woolnough Road, Woodbridge, had their platinum wedding anniversary on Wednesday.
DEVOTED couple Ted and Joyce Thornicroft have marked a marvellous 70 years of marriage with a celebratory family lunch.
The 93-year-olds, of Woolnough Road, Woodbridge, had their platinum wedding anniversary on Wednesday.
They were joined by members of their family for a celebratory lunch in a large marquee in their back garden.
The couple met in Hampshire and married just before the outbreak of the Second World War when Mr Thornicroft joined the Indian Army.
You may also want to watch:
On his return they moved to Loughton in Essex where they lived for 40 years before retiring to Woodbridge so they could be closer to some of their family who live in Brundish.
Mr Thornicroft, a former managing director of a car leasing firm in Wimbledon, said: “We have had a fantastic day. It's been absolutely delightful. The family have been around and it's been wonderful.
- 1 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 2 Woman sexually assaulted near Ipswich Waterfront
- 3 Tributes paid to inspirational Ipswich teenager Harrison Boyd, 13
- 4 Superhero send off planned for 'charismatic and cheeky' Alexander, 15
- 5 Jailed in Suffolk: J Block gang members and man who attacked train station staff
- 6 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 7 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 8 Man jailed after safe stolen from Spread Eagle pub
- 9 Three fire engines called to Ipswich flat fire
- 10 'I will miss her enormously' - husband's tribute to NHS hero Carol
“We have had a lot of presents and a lovely card from the Queen.
“My wife and I have loved each other without being silly about it. We weren't one of those couples who started off fawning over each other - it means we haven't run out of steam. We love each other in our own way.”