Severe blaze at Suffolk workshop
FIRE crews from Ipswich tackled a severe blaze which took hold of a Suffolk workshop.The fire started at Lee Pulham's Reproduction Furniture at Hill Farm Barns Industrial Unit, near Henley at around 6.
FIRE crews from Ipswich tackled a severe blaze which took hold of a Suffolk workshop.
The fire started at Lee Pulham's Reproduction Furniture at Hill Farm Barns Industrial Unit, near Henley at around 6.45pm today.
One person was working in the timber filled building but noticed the fire and tried to tackle it with a fire extinguisher before calling the fire brigade. He was not injured.
Four fire crews from Princes Street and Colchester Road fought the fire and a turntable ladder was also brought in.
At the scene Divisional Officer Phil Embury said things could have been much worse as there was lots of timber and sawdust that could have caught light.
He said: "It could have been an awful lot worse but the worker managed to put it out a little bit with the fire extinguisher.
- 1 Things you should know before visiting Spoon World Buffet and Bar
- 2 Cycle wands being removed from Ipswich roads
- 3 Rudolph starts his run - when is he coming to your Ipswich street?
- 4 Plans submitted to turn special measures care home into hotel
- 5 Ipswich School named among the best in the region
- 6 Illegal immigrant caught running cannabis factory is jailed
- 7 Suspected drink-driver charged after three-car collision in Ipswich
- 8 Emergency road closure in place on busy Ipswich road
- 9 Anti-crime campaigners plan Christmas grotto at tattoo studio
- 10 Four charged over alleged samurai sword attack
"He was lucky to notice it as he was in a different part of the building.
"It was a severe fire in the centre of the building and when the first crew arrived there was lots of smoke and flames coming out of the roof."
The cause of the fire is not yet known but it is not being treated as suspicious.