Severe blaze at Suffolk workshop
FIRE crews from Ipswich tackled a severe blaze which took hold of a Suffolk workshop.The fire started at Lee Pulham's Reproduction Furniture at Hill Farm Barns Industrial Unit, near Henley at around 6.
FIRE crews from Ipswich tackled a severe blaze which took hold of a Suffolk workshop.
The fire started at Lee Pulham's Reproduction Furniture at Hill Farm Barns Industrial Unit, near Henley at around 6.45pm today.
One person was working in the timber filled building but noticed the fire and tried to tackle it with a fire extinguisher before calling the fire brigade. He was not injured.
Four fire crews from Princes Street and Colchester Road fought the fire and a turntable ladder was also brought in.
You may also want to watch:
At the scene Divisional Officer Phil Embury said things could have been much worse as there was lots of timber and sawdust that could have caught light.
He said: "It could have been an awful lot worse but the worker managed to put it out a little bit with the fire extinguisher.
- 1 Man caught in Ipswich park paedophile sting jailed for more than two years
- 2 Should buses be kept out of Ipswich's Upper Brook Street?
- 3 Ipswich teenage boy arrested over stabbing
- 4 Family 'devastated' after elderly man's Reliant Robin tipped over
- 5 Ipswich lorry drivers raise a glass as haulage firm launches in-house watering hole
- 6 Couple avoid jail for campaign of harassment against neighbour
- 7 Five of the best places to cure your hangover in Ipswich
- 8 Farmland 'years away' from development, says builder
- 9 Woman accused of fraudulently giving £75k to son while bankrupt
- 10 Man taken to hospital after becoming stuck in mud in Ipswich riverbank
"He was lucky to notice it as he was in a different part of the building.
"It was a severe fire in the centre of the building and when the first crew arrived there was lots of smoke and flames coming out of the roof."
The cause of the fire is not yet known but it is not being treated as suspicious.