Sex attack jury set to retire
JURORS in the trial of an alleged child sex abuser are set to retire to consider their verdict on Monday.Steven Hawkins, 43, of Feltwell Place, Haverhill has denied two specimen charges of indecent assault and two charges of gross indecency.
JURORS in the trial of an alleged child sex abuser are set to retire to consider their verdict on Monday.
Steven Hawkins, 43, of Feltwell Place, Haverhill has denied two specimen charges of indecent assault and two charges of gross indecency.
He told Ipswich Crown Court the alleged victim, aged between nine and 11 at the time had helped him make deliveries in the course of his work and had stayed at his house and had got into bed with him.
He denied anything inappropriate had taken place.
The alleged victim, a schoolgirl now aged 14, said Hawkins had indecently touched her and asked her to perform sexual acts.
- 1 Dedicated daughter steps up after tragic death of 'amazing' mum Heidi
- 2 Police seek driver who failed to stop at scene of crash
- 3 10 pictures of Ipswich pub's light switch-on
- 4 Three youngsters try to kick down Ipswich family's door
- 5 Ipswich Travelodge developer celebrates £7.4m bank backing
- 6 Snow falls in Suffolk overnight as cold snap set to continue
- 7 New gift card to encourage shoppers to use Ipswich town centre
- 8 Ipswich homes left without electricity after power cut
- 9 'My son has never seen a health visitor' - Pandemic parents battle
- 10 Festive shoppers brave the cold for Christmas street market in Ipswich