Sex attack jury set to retire
JURORS in the trial of an alleged child sex abuser are set to retire to consider their verdict on Monday.Steven Hawkins, 43, of Feltwell Place, Haverhill has denied two specimen charges of indecent assault and two charges of gross indecency.
JURORS in the trial of an alleged child sex abuser are set to retire to consider their verdict on Monday.
Steven Hawkins, 43, of Feltwell Place, Haverhill has denied two specimen charges of indecent assault and two charges of gross indecency.
He told Ipswich Crown Court the alleged victim, aged between nine and 11 at the time had helped him make deliveries in the course of his work and had stayed at his house and had got into bed with him.
He denied anything inappropriate had taken place.
You may also want to watch:
The alleged victim, a schoolgirl now aged 14, said Hawkins had indecently touched her and asked her to perform sexual acts.
- 1 Car crashes into cafe closing Ipswich road
- 2 Ipswich man charged with dangerous driving following Audi crash in Norwich Road
- 3 Look inside beautiful £1.2million home with a pool near Felixstowe
- 4 Car hits front of Ipswich convenience store
- 5 Person taken to hospital after collision in Sainsbury's car park in Ipswich
- 6 New special school planned for former BT site
- 7 Warning of 'severe' flooding in west Suffolk
- 8 Women facing prison after admitting robbery in Ipswich
- 9 Trains to and from London cancelled amid flooded railway
- 10 New home developments boost Ipswich's 'connected town' ambition