Sex attack man jailed
A MAN who sexually attacked a schoolgirl and robbed her purse has been jailed for three years.Judge John Holt told Daniel Price, "It has been pointed out that the violence used was relatively minor, but you terrified your victim.
A MAN who sexually attacked a schoolgirl and robbed her purse has been jailed for three years.
Judge John Holt told Daniel Price, "It has been pointed out that the violence used was relatively minor, but you terrified your victim."
Ipswich Crown Court heard yesterday that Price, 25, grabbed the 17-year-old girl from behind in an alleyway in Bury St Edmunds.
He then put his hand over her mouth and tried to kiss her.
You may also want to watch:
Price, of Mermaid Close, Bury St Edmunds, took her purse and ordered her to "take her kit off".
The frightened girl managed to escape and sought help from a passer by.
- 1 Anger as 'selfish' fly-tippers dump couch in Ipswich street
- 2 Man arrested over Cardinal Park stabbing
- 3 Matchday Recap: Town well beaten as Millwall win feisty friendly
- 4 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 5 Seafront theatre set for big improvements and balcony dining
- 6 Army helicopter lands in field near Nacton after developing fault
- 7 Warning of lightning strikes across Suffolk as stormy weather continues
- 8 Ipswich man in court accused of setting light to car
- 9 26 valuable coins you might have at home
- 10 Where are Suffolk’s outstanding schools?
A jury found Price guilty of indecent assault and robbery.
Hugh Vass, mitigating, said Price had a problem with "interpersonal relationships" and this was made worse by his lack of academic achievements.
He said Price was a man of previous good character apart from a drink drive offence, and was in no way a paedophile.
Judge Holt said the victim, whose identity is protected from publication, "still has worries about what happened and has difficulty being in public places.
"These are the sort of symptoms I would expect after a terrifying attack."
Price was sentenced to three years in prison but his licence was extended by five years.
Judge Holt said although Price would be released from prison in about one and a half years, he would be under the guidance of probation for five years and if he re-offended during that time he may have to serve the other one and a half years.