Sex charge man escapes jail
A 50-year-old Ipswich man who sexually abused a teenage girl has escaped a jail sentence.Christopher Williams, of Maidenhall Approach, pleaded guilty to committing four serious sex offences with a 16-year-old girl.
A 50-year-old Ipswich man who sexually abused a teenage girl has escaped a jail sentence.
Christopher Williams, of Maidenhall Approach, pleaded guilty to committing four serious sex offences with a 16-year-old girl.
Ipswich Crown Court heard that Williams had a history of depression and had previous convictions, but none for sexual offences.
Judge Nicholas Beddard told Williams he would have to sign the sex offenders' register and report to police for the next five years. He sentenced Williams to three years' probation and ordered him to attend a sex offender treatment programme.
You may also want to watch:
Judge Beddard said if Williams did not comply with the order, he would be sent to prison.
- 1 Jailed company boss to sell home to repay swindled customers
- 2 Don't panic buy - warning as queues form at petrol stations
- 3 Ipswich mum 'eating junk food and take-aways' goes from size 22 to 12
- 4 NHS confirms new Ipswich 'super-surgery' should open in 2024
- 5 'The village already can't cope' - Concerns over 114-home plan
- 6 Kesgrave shooting: Teen who tried to kill friend set to be sentenced
- 7 Town centre delays following accident
- 8 'Extra-cautionary' Covid measures reintroduced at Kesgrave High
- 9 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 10 Rick Wakeman joins Ipswich Hospital Band as Patron