Shake up for hospital leadership
IPSWICH Hospital's leadership is changing faces, with two new director appointments announced today.The board, which has turned around the hospital's financial crisis over the last year, is saying goodbye to one member and another is undergoing a job swap - freeing the way for two new members.
IPSWICH Hospital's leadership is changing faces, with two new director appointments announced today.
The board, which has turned around the hospital's financial crisis over the last year, is saying goodbye to one member and another is undergoing a job swap - freeing the way for two new members.
Chris Dooley, the hospital's finance director, has been absent from the board with ill health and has now announced his retirement after ten years with the trust.
He is being replaced by Mark Madden, formerly finance director with the Suffolk Mental Health Partnership Trust.
Meanwhile, Ian Scott, is standing down as the board's medical director and being replaced by Peter Donaldson, a consultant urologist at the hospital.
Mr Scott, who joined the hospital as a consultant general surgeon in 1984 and became a director in 1993, will stay on the board as the director of IT.
- 1 Six arrested following two incidents involving knives in Ipswich
- 2 Application submitted for new store in Ipswich
- 3 Drug dealers jailed after police seize cocaine from van and home
- 4 Pub with 'gorgeous views' named one of UK's best waterside drinking spots
- 5 Missing 17-year-old girl found safe and well
- 6 When and where will the thunderstorms hit Suffolk?
- 7 'My darling boy' - Mum's tribute to six-month-old baby who died after crash
- 8 Go-ahead for business park project that could create 350 jobs in Ipswich
- 9 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 10 Two men spit at victim and demand money near Ipswich Waterfront
Mr Madden will take up his post on September 3 and Mr Donaldson will start on October 1.
A new non executive board member is also due to be announced after the departure of Liz Harlaar.