Share your memories of Grand Old Duke of York pub in Ipswich following venue’s closure
- Credit: Archant
The Grand Old Duke of York pub in Woodbridge Road, Ipswich, closed its doors for the last time on Saturday after the owners announced via Facebook they had decided to move on.
In a Facebook post from July 7, the pub’s management said: “I would like to announce that on behalf of myself Rosie and the team the Duke of York will be closing down as from Saturday 8th July.
“It’s been an amazing five years in which we have built up wonderful friendships and memories and we would like to take this opportunity to thank all our customers for their support and to say it’s been truly a pleasure to have served you all.
“With our very best wishes to you all, Debs,Rosie and the Team.
“PLEASE JOIN US SATURDAY NIGHT FOR A FAREWELL DRINK.”
The announcement prompted a flurry of good luck messages and supportive comments on the post.
Now, we’re looking for your memories of the pub.
Share your thoughts by commenting below or email us here.
- 1 Teenager 'kicked and punched' by man during Ipswich assault
- 2 Cyclist left with 'potentially life-changing injuries' after Ipswich crash
- 3 Tragic loss of 'kind and gentle' Aayush at 17 devastated family
- 4 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist knocked unconscious in crash
- 5 'I slept at the store' - Teen queues for 14 hours as Tim Hortons opens
- 6 Five-bedroom home with 'beautiful countryside views' on market for £800K
- 7 Thatch roof of cottage 'fully alight' in village near Needham Market
- 8 Man dragged former partner from car and kicked her in assault
- 9 Inquest into death of 32-year-old woman in Barham crash postponed
- 10 Man, 25, threatened to kill ex-partner with wrench, court hears