Shaun Ryan, of Felixstowe, appears in court charged with murder of wife Jean
- Credit: Su Anderson
A 61-year-old man from Felixstowe appeared in court this morning charged with the murder of his wife.
Shaun Ryan is accused of stabbing Jean Ryan, 67, to death at their home in Gosford Way.
Ryan appeared before South East Suffolk Magistrates’ Court in Ipswich this morning via video link from Martlesham Police Investigation Centre. His case was sent to Ipswich Crown Court where he is likely to appear tomorrow.
Ryan, of Gosford Way, Felixstowe, was remanded in custody at the end of five minute hearing.
Officers were called to the property at 10.30pm last Wednesday after receiving a call from a distressed woman.
You may also want to watch:
They arrived at the address just over five minutes later and discovered the female with serious injuries. Paramedics attended but the woman was declared dead at the scene.
A Home Office post mortem examination concluded that the cause of death was a stab wound.
- 1 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 2 Documentary on former world’s fattest man Paul Mason set to air
- 3 Ipswich Flooring Superstore opening brings jobs and investment
- 4 Drink driver found slumped at wheel after partying until 7am
- 5 'Small number' of street workers in Ipswich, 15 years after Steve Wright murders
- 6 £1,600 worth of power tools stolen while owner was shopping
- 7 New movie to be shot in Suffolk in 2022, author announces
- 8 What are the Covid rates in Suffolk — and could Christmas be affected?
- 9 Border Force 'urgently responding' to incident off the Harwich coast
- 10 Where to find the cheapest petrol in Suffolk as prices hit all-time high