Sherlock Holmes to appear at Sutton Hoo
SUPERSLEUTH Sherlock Holmes is set to make an appearance at Sutton Hoo this weekend. The famous detective and sidekick Dr Watson will take centre stage in an open air performance of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's mystery The Hound of the Baskervilles.
SUPERSLEUTH Sherlock Holmes is set to make an appearance at Sutton Hoo this weekend.
The famous detective and sidekick Dr Watson will take centre stage in an open air performance of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's mystery The Hound of the Baskervilles.
Sherlock Holmes is brought in to investigate the Baskerville family curse, following the untimely death of Sir Charles Baskerville.
A spokeswoman for Sutton Hoo said: “Illyria Theatre Company has been delighting audiences around the country and internationally for the last seventeen years.
“The Hound of the Baskervilles will be their fourth production at Sutton Hoo and follows the hugely successful production of Robin Hood last month.”
The Hound of the Baskervilles is at Sutton Hoo (nr Woodbridge) on Saturday 25 August at 7.30pm. Adults £12.50, Under 16s £9 (advance) or £14/£11 on the gate (subject to availability).
- 1 Lido cash bid could get restoration of much-loved pool underway
- 2 All four wheels stolen from BMW car parked outside home
- 3 Weather warning for thunderstorms in Suffolk extended
- 4 Three supercars pulled over in village for having no front number plates
- 5 Line-up announced for Ipswich library's music event
- 6 Village set for 33 new homes after planners approve project
- 7 'Tons' of water leaking from burst water main as people urged to avoid road
- 8 Revealed: The latest Covid rates in every Suffolk neighbourhood
- 9 Weather warning as thunderstorms expected to hit Suffolk after heatwave
- 10 From Ipswich to LA: 20-year-old Suffolk singer's meteoric rise
Box Office: 01394 389737
The performance will take place in the open-air, and the audience is advised to bring low-backed chairs and/or rugs. Gates open 6pm. Light refreshments available or bring a picnic.
Who is your favourite fictional detective? Are you a Sherlock fan? Write to Your Letters, Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
How will Holmes' scientific reasoning help when confronted with what appears to be a supernatural case?
The ancient curse hangs over the Baskerville family, predicting a brutal end - that they will become victims of a gigantic ghostly hound.
A gruesome death and the chilling howl of a spectral hound bring fear to the Baskerville family.
Is this a supernatural hex? Who is the sinister escaped convict?
Holmes and Watson roam the wastes of Dartmoor by moonlight in a desperate race to solve the mystery.
Can they find the killer before the Hound strikes again?