Sherlock Holmes to appear at Sutton Hoo
SUPERSLEUTH Sherlock Holmes is set to make an appearance at Sutton Hoo this weekend. The famous detective and sidekick Dr Watson will take centre stage in an open air performance of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's mystery The Hound of the Baskervilles.
SUPERSLEUTH Sherlock Holmes is set to make an appearance at Sutton Hoo this weekend.
The famous detective and sidekick Dr Watson will take centre stage in an open air performance of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's mystery The Hound of the Baskervilles.
Sherlock Holmes is brought in to investigate the Baskerville family curse, following the untimely death of Sir Charles Baskerville.
A spokeswoman for Sutton Hoo said: “Illyria Theatre Company has been delighting audiences around the country and internationally for the last seventeen years.
You may also want to watch:
“The Hound of the Baskervilles will be their fourth production at Sutton Hoo and follows the hugely successful production of Robin Hood last month.”
The Hound of the Baskervilles is at Sutton Hoo (nr Woodbridge) on Saturday 25 August at 7.30pm. Adults £12.50, Under 16s £9 (advance) or £14/£11 on the gate (subject to availability).
- 1 Documentary on former world’s fattest man Paul Mason set to air
- 2 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 3 Drink driver found slumped at wheel after partying until 7am
- 4 Ipswich Flooring Superstore opening brings jobs and investment
- 5 'Small number' of street workers in Ipswich, 15 years after Steve Wright murders
- 6 £1,600 worth of power tools stolen while owner was shopping
- 7 Man arrested following Ipswich sexual assault
- 8 New movie to be shot in Suffolk in 2022, author announces
- 9 What are the Covid rates in Suffolk — and could Christmas be affected?
- 10 Where to find the cheapest petrol in Suffolk as prices hit all-time high
Box Office: 01394 389737
The performance will take place in the open-air, and the audience is advised to bring low-backed chairs and/or rugs. Gates open 6pm. Light refreshments available or bring a picnic.
Who is your favourite fictional detective? Are you a Sherlock fan? Write to Your Letters, Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
How will Holmes' scientific reasoning help when confronted with what appears to be a supernatural case?
The ancient curse hangs over the Baskerville family, predicting a brutal end - that they will become victims of a gigantic ghostly hound.
A gruesome death and the chilling howl of a spectral hound bring fear to the Baskerville family.
Is this a supernatural hex? Who is the sinister escaped convict?
Holmes and Watson roam the wastes of Dartmoor by moonlight in a desperate race to solve the mystery.
Can they find the killer before the Hound strikes again?