Ship abandoned on Suffolk river
IS THIS Suffolk's answer to the Marie Celeste?This cabin cruiser has been left abandoned and damaged, but apparently watertight, on the Nacton shore of the River Orwell.
IS THIS Suffolk's answer to the Marie Celeste?
This cabin cruiser has been left abandoned and damaged, but apparently watertight, on the Nacton shore of the river Orwell.
The Inianga, a white cruiser with a distinctive red stripe, has been left on the edge of the river for some time.
Windows of the cabin have been smashed and it also appears to have been badly damaged internally – but the boat was still floating on the weekend high tide.
You may also want to watch:
When The Evening Star contacted Thames Coastguard, they were unaware of the boat being left on the shore.
A spokeswoman for Thames Coastguard said: "We have not had any reports of a boat of any description being abandoned on the shore of the River Orwell. However, we will investigate."
- 1 Woman 'alarmed and distressed' after verbal abuse in Ipswich
- 2 Bin lorry driver ran over colleague's leg in Kesgrave
- 3 Audi left wrecked after late-night crash in Ipswich
- 4 Drug dealer seen bragging in YouTube rap videos
- 5 Burglary at O2 store in Ipswich town centre
- 6 Man to be sentenced over 'dine and dash' spree
- 7 Man who controlled Ipswich drug line jailed for five years
- 8 New homes and dormitory block planned for Ipswich school site
- 9 Pair in court following suspected stolen dogs raid at West Meadows
- 10 Restraining order for venue boss who intimidated council leader's daughter
The mystery of the cruiser has now been passed to Ipswich Port, who are responsible for the waters where the boat has been left.
A spokeswoman for Ipswich Port today said: "We have spoken to the local marinas and nobody has heard of the boat or knows where it has come from.
"At this moment we do not know who the registered owner is or where the boat has come from."
n Do you have any information about this mystery craft? If so, call the Evening Star newsdesk on 01473 324790.