Shock as county spin doctor leaves
SUFFOLK county council's highly paid head of communications has left his post with immediate effect.Francis Thomas, head of communications and marketing, has left his post after three and a half years/.
SUFFOLK county council's highly paid head of communications has left his post with immediate effect.
Francis Thomas, head of communications and marketing, has left his post after three and a half years/.
In a terse statement, the council said this afternoon: “Suffolk County Council's Head of Communications and Marketing, Francis Thomas has decided to leave the county council.
“By mutual agreement his departure will take immediate effect.
“We would like to thank Francis for the work he has done since joining SCC. He will be replaced in the short-term with an interim manager, and recruitment for a permanent replacement will start as soon as possible.”
Mr Thomas, who lives in Woodbridge, is believed to have been on a salary of £81,000. He joined the authority in 2004 from the public relations department of Boots the Chemist Ltd in Nottingham.
- 1 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 2 Woman who claimed council tax support had income of £100k per year
- 3 ‘I’ve got no life’ - Ipswich woman's agony as she waits for operation
- 4 Star Suffolk breakfast blogger reveals her favourite food around Ipswich
- 5 Drug dealer found with cannabis, 133 tablets and cash jailed
- 6 Open day for Ipswich pub on sale for £300,000
- 7 Push for 4 day work week in Suffolk after company's profits soar 200%
- 8 Man with learning difficulties will not go to prison for sex offence
- 9 Lorry overturned on roundabout closes A14 near Felixstowe
- 10 Ladies night event in Kesgrave with strippers sold-out in five days
The county council is facing abolition in two years under Government plans to introduce unitary authorities in Suffolk.