Shop fire battled

FIREFIGHTERS were despatched to a Suffolk town today after a fire broke out in a shop.

FIREFIGHTERS were despatched to a Suffolk town today after a fire broke out in a shop.

They were alerted by an automatic fire alarm coming from the premises in George Westwood Way in Beccles at around 9.30pm.

Smoke was seen billowing from the building as two crews tackled the blaze with carbon dioxide.

The fire, which started in a fuse box, was extinguished at around 10.10pm.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter