Shopper was attacked with golf club after leaving Ipswich store
- Credit: Archant
A man who hit a customer of an Ipswich food store over the head with a golf club as he left the premises has been jailed for 26 months.
Marius Mikalauskas was seen hanging around outside Farm Foods in Bramford Road, Ipswich and when he saw Valerij Spakov leave the store he walked across the car park and hit him on the back of the head with a golf club, Ipswich Crown Court heard.
As a result of the attack Mr Spakov suffered a 3cm cut to his head which was glued by paramedics at the scene.
Mikalauskas, 27, of no fixed address, admitted unlawfully wounding Mr Spakov and possessing a lock knife on March 19 2014.
The court heard he had 10 previous convictions for offences, including robbery, in Denmark, Italy and Northern Ireland.
You may also want to watch:
David Rhodes for Mikalauskas said his client was facing extradition proceedings next week to Lithuania for a public order matter.
- 1 The Walk in Ipswich town centre cordoned off by police
- 2 62-year-old arrested following incident in Ipswich town centre
- 3 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 4 'I'm very lucky' – Ipswich biker-chef lost arm and hand in A14 crash
- 5 Ipswich's Covid infection rate now the highest in England
- 6 'Devious' Ipswich doctor jailed for sending fake texts to flatmate
- 7 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 8 Ipswich Town fan banned from Portman Road for racially abusing player
- 9 250 Ipswich patients fined after failing to pay for their prescriptions
- 10 Trucker ran eBay scam selling straps used for securing heavy loads