Shoppers urged to back festive appeal
Late night shoppers will be invited to get into the true spirit of Christmas tonight by supporting worthy causes.
IPSWICH: Late night shoppers will be invited to get into the true spirit of Christmas tonight by supporting worthy causes.
The festive season is fast approaching and with just 15 days to go, hundreds of people are expected to flock to the town centre to find presents for December 25.
And shoppers will be urged to spread Yuletide cheer to families and individuals affected by poverty by donating to town charity FIND.
Paul Clement, executive director of Ipswich Central, said: “It is very easy to get wrapped up in the excitement and fun of spending Christmas with family and friends.
You may also want to watch:
“However, it is important to stop and remember those less fortunate than ourselves and do something for them.”
It is hoped that alongside making purchases for friends and loved ones, shoppers will show their generosity and buy one extra gift which can be given to an under privileged boy or girl in the Ipswich area.
- 1 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 2 A14 reopens after HGV crashes into central reservation
- 3 60-acre logistic park off A14 approved
- 4 Man admits exposing himself to women in park near Felixstowe
- 5 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 6 Unex starts work at former Ipswich Debenhams store
- 7 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 8 Anger at 'death trap' road in Pinewood
- 9 High winds close Ipswich festival event temporarily
- 10 Ipswich woman who punched partner in face is ordered to pay compensation
The gift can then be handed over at Tower Ramparts during tonight's late night session or donated on December 17 on the Cornhill.
Donated gifts should be marked with a note highlighting whether the content is suitable for a boy or a girl.
FIND was founded in 1990 and provides help and support to deprived and poverty-stricken people living within a 25-mile radius of Ipswich.
In previous weeks, late night shopping in Ipswich has proven to be a spectacularly festive evening - with stilt-walkers, cookery demonstrations and mini-street patios among the entertainment.
For more information visit www.ipswichcentral.com
Are you feeling festive? Write to Your Letters, Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.