Shopping trip paid for by stolen cards
A COUPLE made regular trips to Suffolk to buy hundreds of pounds worth of goods using stolen cheques and credit cards, a court heard.Adedotun Onoade and his girlfriend Jennifer Akinmoyede were arrested by police on the A14 after a shopping trip to Felixstowe.
A COUPLE made regular trips to Suffolk to buy hundreds of pounds worth of goods using stolen cheques and credit cards, a court heard.
Adedotun Onoade and his girlfriend Jennifer Akinmoyede were arrested by police on the A14 after a shopping trip to Felixstowe.
During the trip, they bought more than £200 of vouchers from W H Smith, Boots and Dorothy Perkins and a pair of boots from a shoe shop using stolen cheques, Ipswich Crown Court was told.
Onoade, 32 yesterday admitted eight offences of obtaining property by deception and attempting to pervert the course of justice. He asked for 35 offences to be considered and was jailed for 30 months.
Akinmoyede admitted two offences of obtaining property by deception with six offences taken into consideration and was given a 12 month community rehabilitation order and 60 hours community punishment.
Matthew McNiff for Onoade said the total amount obtained by his client was about £4,000.
- 1 Emergency road closure in place on busy Ipswich road
- 2 Family's Christmas lights tribute to Jessica, 28, who died after giving birth
- 3 Will 'traditional' new homes at Ipswich Garden Suburb soon be obsolete?
- 4 Suspected drink-driver charged after three-car collision in Ipswich
- 5 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 6 Snow falls over Suffolk and more sub-zero temperatures to come
- 7 Rudolph starts his run - when is he coming to your Ipswich street?
- 8 Drunk woman attacked former partner with knife
- 9 Surprise snowglobe gift leaves Harvey, 4, 'over the moon'
- 10 Anti-crime campaigners plan Christmas grotto at tattoo studio
He said Onoade had aksed Akinmoyede to join in the dishonesty and she had freely agreed.
Hugh Vass for Akinmoyede said she had fallen madly in love with Onoade and he had taken advantage of her.
They are no longer together and she is hoping to do a law degree.