Shopping trip paid for by stolen cards
A COUPLE made regular trips to Suffolk to buy hundreds of pounds worth of goods using stolen cheques and credit cards, a court heard.Adedotun Onoade and his girlfriend Jennifer Akinmoyede were arrested by police on the A14 after a shopping trip to Felixstowe.
A COUPLE made regular trips to Suffolk to buy hundreds of pounds worth of goods using stolen cheques and credit cards, a court heard.
Adedotun Onoade and his girlfriend Jennifer Akinmoyede were arrested by police on the A14 after a shopping trip to Felixstowe.
During the trip, they bought more than £200 of vouchers from W H Smith, Boots and Dorothy Perkins and a pair of boots from a shoe shop using stolen cheques, Ipswich Crown Court was told.
Onoade, 32 yesterday admitted eight offences of obtaining property by deception and attempting to pervert the course of justice. He asked for 35 offences to be considered and was jailed for 30 months.
You may also want to watch:
Akinmoyede admitted two offences of obtaining property by deception with six offences taken into consideration and was given a 12 month community rehabilitation order and 60 hours community punishment.
Matthew McNiff for Onoade said the total amount obtained by his client was about £4,000.
- 1 Car hits front of Ipswich convenience store
- 2 Look inside beautiful £1.2million home with a pool near Felixstowe
- 3 Audi left wrecked after late-night crash in Ipswich
- 4 New home developments boost Ipswich's 'connected town' ambition
- 5 Mapped: Check the Covid rate in your Suffolk neighbourhood
- 6 35 pictures from Ipswich Town's friendly clash with Palace
- 7 Christmas in July! Ipswich friends host summer festive feast
- 8 The 10 most Instagrammable spots in Ipswich - is your favourite on the list?
- 9 Did you hear the loud 'bang' coming from Ipswich park?
- 10 Warning of 'severe' flooding in west Suffolk
He said Onoade had aksed Akinmoyede to join in the dishonesty and she had freely agreed.
Hugh Vass for Akinmoyede said she had fallen madly in love with Onoade and he had taken advantage of her.
They are no longer together and she is hoping to do a law degree.