Shot fired in armed robbery
POLICE are appealing for witnesses to an armed robbery in Suffolk in which a shot is thought to have been fired. The incident happened in Great Thurlow near to Suffolk's border with Cambridgeshire at about 4.
POLICE are appealing for witnesses to an armed robbery in Suffolk in which a shot is thought to have been fired.
The incident happened in Great Thurlow near to Suffolk's border with Cambridgeshire at about 4.50pm today .
Two men entered the Post Office on The Street carrying sawn off shot-guns and demanded money from staff.
A struggle broke out between one of the offenders and a male member of staff.
You may also want to watch:
The member of staff was struck on the head by the butt of the gun and suffered a cut head.
The robbers left with an undisclosed amount of money and are thought to have fled in a silver Rover 214, heading towards Little Thurlow.
- 1 Ipswich council faces financial black hole over empty BHS store
- 2 Man dies after being struck by lorry near A12
- 3 Royal Mail confirms removal of Ipswich postbox
- 4 Suffolk man waits 12 hours for ambulance after suffering stroke
- 5 Ipswich reports England's highest rise in Covid infection rate
- 6 Felixstowe woman accused of setting fire to caravan and drink driving
- 7 Arrest warrants issued for men facing sheep charges
- 8 Budding musician caught with drugs in buttocks is spared prison
- 9 Anger as 'three to four large skips' of fly-tipped rubbish blocks road
- 10 MoD warns about late-night Apache training
Anyone who witnessed the incident or who has information about it should contact Bury St Edmunds CID on 01284 774100 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.