Shotley Primary School is closed tomorrow due to heating issue
- Credit: Andrew Partridge
A village primary school in Suffolk is shutting its doors to pupils and staff tomorrow because it does not have any heating.
Bosses at Shotley Primary School say they have no choice but to close on Thursday because the problem will not be fixed in time.
Tomorrow was due to be the first day back at school for pupils.
A statement on the school’s website said: “Please note that the school does not have any heating and this will not be fixed in time for tomorrow’s start back to school.
“Therefore, we have no choice but to close the school for Thursday 4th January.
You may also want to watch:
“We apologise for the short notice, but we have just been advised that we are unable to heat the school using alternative means.
“We anticipate that we will be open on Friday as normal, please check this page tomorrow afternoon for further updates.”
- 1 Unex starts work at former Ipswich Debenhams store
- 2 Border Force 'urgently responding' to incident off the Harwich coast
- 3 Christmas light DJ to open new Ipswich bar
- 4 'Small number' of street workers in Ipswich, 15 years after Steve Wright murders
- 5 Cardinal Practice 'access issues' to be discussed at key NHS meeting
- 6 Emergency services conduct search and rescue mission off Harwich coast
- 7 New movie to be shot in Suffolk in 2022, author announces
- 8 What are the Covid rates in Suffolk — and could Christmas be affected?
- 9 'Horror movie script' - Waterfront lounge bar plans rejected again
- 10 Two people rescued after search off Harwich coast