Showpiece building to get new owner
TXU'S partially-built multi-million pound offices in Ipswich is today set to get new owners.Suffolk County Council has been given the go-ahead to negotiate the purchase of the new office block in Russell Road, Ipswich.
TXU'S partially-built multi-million pound offices in Ipswich is today set to get a new owner.
Suffolk County Council officers were today given the go-ahead to negotiate the purchase of the building with the administrators of TXU Europe.
County councillors voted unanimously for the negotiations to proceed – and gave permission for a final deal to be agreed without returning to council committees for approval.
The council is expected to have to pay about £18 million for the building – which was valued by TXU at £35 million.
You may also want to watch:
If the council is successful in its negotiations, these are expected to be completed within a few weeks because time is critical.
The building is about three-quarters complete structurally, but it is not weather-proof and the external structure needs to be completed soon to protect sensitive equipment which has already been installed.
- 1 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 2 Woman in hospital after fire at Ipswich house
- 3 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 4 Man caught with indecent images of children avoids jail
- 5 Suffolk elections 2021: When to expect results
- 6 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 7 'They saved a life' - neighbour praises firefighters in Ipswich house blaze
- 8 New Oasis Lounge bar planned for former Waterfront gym site
- 9 Election 2021: Ipswich Borough Council results
- 10 Delays on A14 after lorry and car crash
For the full story, see Friday's Evening Star.