Showpiece building to get new owner
TXU'S partially-built multi-million pound offices in Ipswich is today set to get new owners.Suffolk County Council has been given the go-ahead to negotiate the purchase of the new office block in Russell Road, Ipswich.
TXU'S partially-built multi-million pound offices in Ipswich is today set to get a new owner.
Suffolk County Council officers were today given the go-ahead to negotiate the purchase of the building with the administrators of TXU Europe.
County councillors voted unanimously for the negotiations to proceed – and gave permission for a final deal to be agreed without returning to council committees for approval.
The council is expected to have to pay about £18 million for the building – which was valued by TXU at £35 million.
You may also want to watch:
If the council is successful in its negotiations, these are expected to be completed within a few weeks because time is critical.
The building is about three-quarters complete structurally, but it is not weather-proof and the external structure needs to be completed soon to protect sensitive equipment which has already been installed.
- 1 Dog mess thrown at Ipswich bakery staff in 'nasty' attack
- 2 Central Ipswich office tower could be converted into more than 100 flats
- 3 Man caught in Ipswich park paedophile sting jailed for more than two years
- 4 New services and drive-thru coffee shop rejected
- 5 Ipswich mum's frustration as terminally ill son, 13, left unable to go home
- 6 Man dies in two-car crash on A12
- 7 Ipswich road to A14 cleared after collision between two cars
- 8 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars in July
- 9 Is Babergh Council the 'neighbour from hell' in planning?
- 10 Rape arrest after man sexually assaulted in town
For the full story, see Friday's Evening Star.