Sign up among merry walkers
By NICK RICHARDSnick.email@example.comCOME and join my band of merry men and women!That's the message from Evening Star editor Nigel Pickover who is all set to join a tribe of walkers later this month to raise money for the Evening Star Press Ball.
By Nick Richards
COME and join my band of merry men and women!
That's the message from Evening Star editor Nigel Pickover who is all set to join a tribe of walkers later this month to raise money for the Evening Star Press Ball.
The James Bond-themed ball, sponsored by British Gas will take over the County Hotel in Copdock on Saturday June 28, but six days earlier it will be more a case of walking boots than tuxedos.
You may also want to watch:
The Evening Star Press Ball walk starts at Piper's Vale car park in Gainsborough Lane, Ipswich. It will follow the River Orwell and finish at the Searsons Farm car park at Trimley near Trimley rail station. Walkers can catch a train to Trimley to return home to Ipswich at five minutes past each hour.
Leading the way will be experienced walker Michael Anderton and the walk will weave its way across some of Britain's most picturesque countryside.
- 1 Ipswich father caught with indecent images of children avoids jail
- 2 Suffolk postcode sees house prices rise by £100,000 in a year
- 3 Will Ipswich betting shop be turned into fish and chip shop?
- 4 Ipswich traffic measure 'on its way out' as petition launched
- 5 Ipswich man charged with dangerous driving following Audi crash in Norwich Road
- 6 Women facing prison after admitting robbery in Ipswich
- 7 Kenyan school chums meet by 'unbelievable chance' at Suffolk village fete
- 8 Car crashes into cafe closing Ipswich road
- 9 Woman in 80s remains in hospital after serious collision in Ipswich
- 10 Rolling road block put in place on A14 after concerns for safety
Star editor Nigel said the walk would be one of the best events of the summer.
He said: "Fresh air, fitness and fund-raising – the three brilliant things go together so well and this is a superb chance to indulge in all three. The walk will be a brilliant chance to shape up for your summer holiday and, at the same time, raise money to change some very precious young lives.
"We're hoping to raise as much as a quarter of our £20,000 target through the walk alone and I guarantee that all the money we raise will help local children.
"It should be a great day and a real chance to put your best foot forward for charity."