Singer KT Tunstall to headline Jimmy’s Farm festival coming to Suffolk in July
- Credit: Ashley Pickering
Music lovers heading to Jimmy’s Festival at his farm in Wherstead this summer are in for a treat – festival favourite KT Tunstall has been booked as a headliner.
The Suddenly I See singer joins a range of acts already signed up for the event, such as Chas & Dave and Jake Morrell.
Her appearance was confirmed by organisers on the farm’s social media channels this afternoon.
Jimmy Doherty, who owns the farm, said: “We are so pleased to have KT back at the farm. Her new album is amazing and she’s so great live. Last time she came she was on her own, this time she’s Bringing her band who are brilliant.
“It’s going to be such great weekend. So much for the kids too, this year we’ve even got a circus.”
There are more announcements to come, he added.
Chief organiser Nicola Adams said she is “so chuffed” to have booked KT.
- 1 Crash involving ambulance closes Ipswich road
- 2 Police carry out 'pre-planned' operation in Felixstowe road
- 3 Suffolk's top 10 fish and chip shops as voted by our readers - now pick a winner
- 4 Double drink driver who killed Jennifer, 32, jailed six years and eight months
- 5 Notcutts submit detailed plans for 14 homes on the edge of Ipswich
- 6 Ipswich salon to offer free gent's haircut at Suffolk Show
- 7 See inside stunning £1.15m home a stone's throw away from Christchurch Park
- 8 Richest people in East Anglia revealed on Sunday Times Rich List
- 9 'You have broken us!' - New cafe at Suffolk beauty spot on huge demand
- 10 Suffolk fish and chip van to feature on Escape to the Country
“I’m absolutely thrilled, I saw her down at Southend, she was with a three-piece band plus herself and it was an absolutely amazing night,” she said.
“Her new album is fantastic... I’m so chuffed.”
Previous performances at the festival have seen the likes of Reef, Newton Faulkner, Dodgy, Matt Cardle, Athlete and Toploader take to the main stage.
Street food, live entertainment and children’s activities will also be on offer at the annual event, which takes place from July 21-22.
The dedicated Kids Zone promises to entertain children of all ages.
In the past it has played host to the Flying Seasgulls, JB Gill, a Saxon longboat, Peppa Pig, animal petting and den building.
Tickets are now on sale, visit www.jimmysfestival.co.uk to book yours.