Sir Bobby helps raise cancer money
SIR Bobby Robson literally put his signature to the cancer appeal that already bares his name.The Bobby Robson Jubilee Appeal was set up to raise £70,000 for some state of the art cancer treatment equipment for Ipswich Hospital.
SIR Bobby Robson today literally put his signature to the cancer appeal that already bares his name.
The Bobby Robson Jubilee Appeal was set up to raise £70,000 for some state of the art cancer treatment equipment for Ipswich Hospital.
And Ipswich man Barry Andrews, of Nacton Road, came up with the idea of asking the great man to sign a car bonnet for auction.
Sir Bobby was himself treated for cancer at Ipswich Hospital and he pledged his continued support for the "people that saved my life".
You may also want to watch:
The car, which has also been signed by other great figures of Ipswich Town's past and present, will drive at the front of a sponsored bike ride organised by Barry this weekend.
For further details on the ride contact Barry on 01473 431202 or wife Josie on 01473 421169. For more details about the League of Friends Bobby Robson Jubilee Appeal contact Jane Symes on 01473 725645.
- 1 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 2 Heavy police presence spotted in Ipswich as man arrested
- 3 Suffolk sprinter opens her 'dream' cafe at age of 25
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of murdering Victoria Hall
- 5 'Gutted' Ipswich burger van man loses everything in fire devastation
- 6 New Starbucks drive thru set to open in Ipswich
- 7 Man charged with assault after police officer punched in the face
- 8 Suspect in Victoria Hall murder case still being questioned by police
- 9 Go-ahead secured for new hotel near Ipswich Town ground
- 10 Stuck Suez Canal ship delayed to Felixstowe after arriving in Rotterdam