Sir Bobby helps raise cancer money
SIR Bobby Robson literally put his signature to the cancer appeal that already bares his name.The Bobby Robson Jubilee Appeal was set up to raise £70,000 for some state of the art cancer treatment equipment for Ipswich Hospital.
SIR Bobby Robson today literally put his signature to the cancer appeal that already bares his name.
The Bobby Robson Jubilee Appeal was set up to raise £70,000 for some state of the art cancer treatment equipment for Ipswich Hospital.
And Ipswich man Barry Andrews, of Nacton Road, came up with the idea of asking the great man to sign a car bonnet for auction.
Sir Bobby was himself treated for cancer at Ipswich Hospital and he pledged his continued support for the "people that saved my life".
You may also want to watch:
The car, which has also been signed by other great figures of Ipswich Town's past and present, will drive at the front of a sponsored bike ride organised by Barry this weekend.
For further details on the ride contact Barry on 01473 431202 or wife Josie on 01473 421169. For more details about the League of Friends Bobby Robson Jubilee Appeal contact Jane Symes on 01473 725645.
- 1 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 2 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 3 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
- 4 Meet the Ipswich teenage singer who gave £17.5k away to charity
- 5 Jailed in Suffolk: See the three men locked up this week
- 6 Man to face trial over claims he sexually assaulted toddler in the street
- 7 Kesgrave Kitchen praised by local MP after 'fantastic' transformation
- 8 Duo jailed after 63 bags of cocaine found in hotel room
- 9 Ipswich man charged with attempted murder
- 10 Stroke survivor cut off from family in lockdown returns home