Sisters shed eight stone and drop nine dress seizes between them with Ipswich Slimming World group
- Credit: Archant
Jodie Mutch and sister Georgia are celebrating new slim-line figures after losing five stone and three stone respectively.
Jodie joined her local Slimming World group at Halifax Primary School in April 2014 along with mum, Mandy.
Seeing the progress they were making, sister Georgia joined in July this year and hasn’t looked back since.
Despite a 11-year age gap, Jodie said the pair were “very close” and have enjoyed keeping each other motivated.
The 30-year-old gained weight after her pregnancy with daughter Esmee and was spurred on to make a change after seeing a photo of a herself as a size 20.
Following a strict eating plan, hairdresser Jodie has managed to drop 5st and now slips into a size 10.
“It’s amazing, it’s a very nice achievement,” Jodie said. “I’m at my target, but Georgia still losing weight but she feels a lot better now.”
- 1 Crash involving ambulance closes Ipswich road
- 2 Richest people in East Anglia revealed on Sunday Times Rich List
- 3 Suffolk fish and chip van to feature on Escape to the Country
- 4 Parking woes for shop parade hit by 'continous roadworks'
- 5 'You have broken us!' - New cafe at Suffolk beauty spot on huge demand
- 6 Police carry out 'pre-planned' operation in Felixstowe road
- 7 Driver taken to hospital after car crashes into parked vehicle
- 8 Ipswich salon to offer free gent's haircut at Suffolk Show
- 9 List of 18 rejected proposals to save Felixstowe beach huts revealed
- 10 Fuel spillage causes delays on busy Ipswich road after truck breaks down
Georgia, who works at a nursery and as a shop assistant, was also a size 20 when she joined the group.
The 19-year-old, who still attends meetings every week with her sister, has lost 3st 7lbs and is now buying size 12 clothes.
Slimming World consultant Michelle Hood said: “I’m so proud of them both, they have a new found confidence and both look amazing.”
Ms Hood is opening a new class in Ipswich Library.