Sisters shed eight stone and drop nine dress seizes between them with Ipswich Slimming World group
- Credit: Archant
Jodie Mutch and sister Georgia are celebrating new slim-line figures after losing five stone and three stone respectively.
Jodie joined her local Slimming World group at Halifax Primary School in April 2014 along with mum, Mandy.
Seeing the progress they were making, sister Georgia joined in July this year and hasn’t looked back since.
Despite a 11-year age gap, Jodie said the pair were “very close” and have enjoyed keeping each other motivated.
The 30-year-old gained weight after her pregnancy with daughter Esmee and was spurred on to make a change after seeing a photo of a herself as a size 20.
You may also want to watch:
Following a strict eating plan, hairdresser Jodie has managed to drop 5st and now slips into a size 10.
“It’s amazing, it’s a very nice achievement,” Jodie said. “I’m at my target, but Georgia still losing weight but she feels a lot better now.”
- 1 Unex starts work at former Ipswich Debenhams store
- 2 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 3 Christmas light DJ to open new Ipswich bar
- 4 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 5 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 6 'Horror movie script' - Waterfront lounge bar plans rejected again
- 7 Watchdog upholds mother's complaint about handling of son's special education needs
- 8 Border Force 'urgently responding' to incident off the Harwich coast
- 9 Felixstowe to get £1million 'beach village' with new attractions
- 10 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
Georgia, who works at a nursery and as a shop assistant, was also a size 20 when she joined the group.
The 19-year-old, who still attends meetings every week with her sister, has lost 3st 7lbs and is now buying size 12 clothes.
Slimming World consultant Michelle Hood said: “I’m so proud of them both, they have a new found confidence and both look amazing.”
Ms Hood is opening a new class in Ipswich Library.