Six years for manslaughter
A MAN has been sentenced to a six-year prison sentence after being found guilty of killing a teenager in a brutal attack.Lee Harvey, 30, was cleared by a jury of murdering Adam Zulewski, but was convicted by a majority verdict of his manslaughter.
A MAN has been sentenced to a six-year prison sentence after being found guilty of killing a teenager in a brutal attack.
Lee Harvey, 30, was cleared by a jury of murdering Adam Zulewski, but was convicted by a majority verdict of his manslaughter.
Mr Zulewski, 19, of Coggeshall Road, Braintree, died after he was punched and kicked in the head by Harvey, of Constable Road, Sudbury, outside a nightclub.
Mr Zulewski's mother, Deborah Howdle-Smith, condemned Harvey, saying he was "remorseless and unconcerned" about the devastation he had caused.
You may also want to watch:
She added: "For us, it is reasonable to assume that the punishment Lee Harvey receives for Adam's death will never be enough."
The jury heard Mr Zulewski and his friends had been celebrating his step-brother's birthday at the Chicago Rock Café in Braintree on November 27 last year.
- 1 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 2 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 3 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
- 4 Jailed in Suffolk: See the three men locked up this week
- 5 Meet the Ipswich teenage singer who gave £17.5k away to charity
- 6 Man to face trial over claims he sexually assaulted toddler in the street
- 7 Kesgrave Kitchen praised by local MP after 'fantastic' transformation
- 8 Man accused of burgling GP surgeries and pharmacy appears in court
- 9 Duo jailed after 63 bags of cocaine found in hotel room
- 10 Stroke survivor cut off from family in lockdown returns home
Mr Zulewski had been heading home when he ran into Harvey, who was with a group of friends and former workmates.
The court was told Mr Zulewski had asked Harvey if he had enjoyed his evening, but was then immediately punched in the face.
Witnesses described Harvey kicking the teenager in the face and neck with the force a "footballer would use when taking a free-kick".