Six years for manslaughter
A MAN has been sentenced to a six-year prison sentence after being found guilty of killing a teenager in a brutal attack.Lee Harvey, 30, was cleared by a jury of murdering Adam Zulewski, but was convicted by a majority verdict of his manslaughter.
A MAN has been sentenced to a six-year prison sentence after being found guilty of killing a teenager in a brutal attack.
Lee Harvey, 30, was cleared by a jury of murdering Adam Zulewski, but was convicted by a majority verdict of his manslaughter.
Mr Zulewski, 19, of Coggeshall Road, Braintree, died after he was punched and kicked in the head by Harvey, of Constable Road, Sudbury, outside a nightclub.
Mr Zulewski's mother, Deborah Howdle-Smith, condemned Harvey, saying he was "remorseless and unconcerned" about the devastation he had caused.
She added: "For us, it is reasonable to assume that the punishment Lee Harvey receives for Adam's death will never be enough."
The jury heard Mr Zulewski and his friends had been celebrating his step-brother's birthday at the Chicago Rock Café in Braintree on November 27 last year.
- 1 Ipswich residents' frustration over parking chaos
- 2 Long delays on A14 near Ipswich after police called to hole in the road
- 3 'Severe' delays on A12 outside Ipswich after crash closes road
- 4 Suffolk's top 10 fish and chip shops as voted by our readers - now pick a winner
- 5 Man detained after early morning incident in Ipswich road
- 6 Tree works to begin after residents left 'fed up' for two years
- 7 Girl, 15, followed by man while walking dog in village near Ipswich
- 8 BT applies to install eight Street Hubs in Ipswich
- 9 Firefighters called to Ipswich house fire
- 10 Warehousing units take shape at Ipswich as demand rockets
Mr Zulewski had been heading home when he ran into Harvey, who was with a group of friends and former workmates.
The court was told Mr Zulewski had asked Harvey if he had enjoyed his evening, but was then immediately punched in the face.
Witnesses described Harvey kicking the teenager in the face and neck with the force a "footballer would use when taking a free-kick".