Sixties stars coming to town
IPSWICH'S Regent theatre is to host The Solid Silver 60's Show next month.
IPSWICH'S Regent theatre to host The Solid Silver 60's Show next month.
Featuring The Searchers, The Merseybeats, Wayne Fontana and special guest John Walker of the Walker Brothers the show will be play the venue on April 2 as part of a 55 date UK wide tour.
A spokeswoman for the show's promoters said: “The UK's Original and Premier 60s Show Is Back Once Again. The Solid Silver 60s Show is now in its 24th year and is still going strong.
“Whether it's the chance to reminisce about the good old times or simply listen to some of the most influential sounds of the era the public love for this show is astounding.
“This show takes you back to the 'Summer of Love' with the chart topping 60s pop group The Searchers, joining the tour for the 11th time.
“The influential foursome have notched up a run of over 18 hit records, including three number ones and the classic 'Sweets For My Sweet'.”
- 1 Devastated family wrongly told prisoner hanged himself weeks before release
- 2 Ipswich man jailed for 25 years after teen left paralysed in shooting
- 3 Armed police arrest two 16-year-olds on suspicion of firearms offences
- 4 How Covid restrictions will change in England this week
- 5 Serious fire breaks out at home in Woodbridge
- 6 10,000 listeners tune in to new Suffolk radio station
- 7 'Dire for hospitality in Ipswich' - grill owner hits out at hardship grants
- 8 'It's very frustrating': Anger as £150 stolen from charity shop in Felixstowe
- 9 'He's a s**t house' - Stanley chairman slams Town skipper Morsy
- 10 Norwood set to stay... despite seven clubs showing interest
Also joining the show are Wayne Fontana, The Merseybeats and John Walker.
The spokeswoman added: “With hits like 'Pamela Pamela' and the epic 'Game of Love', Wayne remains a firm favourite.
“The Merseybeats will be performing some of their greatest numbers including the million selling 'I Think Of You', 'Wishin and Hopin' and 'I Love You Yes I Do'.
“John Walker was part of the brilliant Walker Brothers, he played on all the greatest numbers including 'Love Her', 'Make It Easy On Yourself', 'My Ship Is Coming In' and 'Stay With Me Baby'.”
Completing the Solid Silver 60s line-up are The Dakotas performing hits such as "Bad to Me", "Little Children" and "Do You Want to Know A Secret."
Tickets are available from the box office on 01473 433100.
Have you seen The Solid Silver 60's Show? What do you think? Write to Your Letters, Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org