Skate Jam cancelled
A Skate Jam due to take place in Woodbridge tomorrow has been cancelled.The Soundwaves Summer Tour has already appeared in Felixstowe's Xtremefest in July and this month's Skate Jam at Leiston, and was booked for Woodbridge.
A Skate Jam due to take place in Woodbridge tomorrow has been cancelled.
The Soundwaves Summer Tour has already appeared in Felixstowe's Xtremefest in July and this month's Skate Jam at Leiston, and was booked for Woodbridge.
However, Mary Neale, Suffolk Coastal's cabinet member for leisure and countryside, said: “We had planned to have an alternative venue ready as it was always unlikely that the skate park would be ready in time, and indeed work has only just begun on building this much-needed new facility for young people in Woodbridge.
''Unfortunately, our attempts to resite the event have fallen through, and I am sorry to say that Saturday's planned one day festival of skating and local bands has had to be cancelled.''
A mobile skate park is operating from 10am to 5pm today at Woodbridge primary school.
- 1 Take a look inside 15th Century farmhouse near Ipswich up for sale
- 2 Look inside stunning £950k home close to Christchurch Park in Ipswich
- 3 A14 closed after 'serious' crash involving three lorries
- 4 BrewDog, The Botanist and other reasons to be positive about Ipswich town centre
- 5 Jailed in Suffolk: The county's criminals locked up in the last week
- 6 Tattingstone 'suitcase murder': 'Never too late' say police on 55th anniversary
- 7 Missing 13-year-old boy from Hadleigh found safe
- 8 Ipswich MP Tom Hunt speaks of 'disgust' at Downing Street parties
- 9 5 roadworks in Suffolk for motorists to avoid this week
- 10 A12 partially reopens after crash near Copdock Interchange